• Where Do you Carry?

• Total voters

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    This is kind of a spin off of the "what blade do you carry" thread... just curious to see where everyone carries (I'm exploring new options) you can vote more than once to account for multiple knives, but keep it to your EDC.

Ok so I thought I set it to vote more than once... maybe a mod could change it to allow that because I can't figure out how!

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Clipped to the inside of my left front pocket. Got my gun on right side, just handier for me to keep it on my left front pocket. Then again sometimes I carry another fixed blade upside down in a pressure fit sheaf just behind my gun.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Remember, I do not carry both these knives at the same time. Only one at a time. Just put them both on the belt for the pictures. Mostly I will carry the CRKT. That is the one closest to the Kimber. The other is a Camillus.

x519nl.jpg

ncnxpu.jpg

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    With a S&W 642 in my right front pocket, my Kershaw Blurr is stashed in my left front pocket. No clip for me. I don't like announcing to the world that it's there. As you might guess, I don't open carry either.
    (Please, no fights or arguments. It's just my own personal preference.)

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I don't open carry this rig either. If I can not pull my gun up because the guy is on top of me, I can reach under my cover shirt and pull the knife down then stab up with it.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    ...If I can not pull my gun up because the guy is on top of me, I can reach under my cover shirt and pull the knife down then stab up with it.

I was wondering why the inverted carry. Now I know. It make sense. Nice looking rig.

BTW don't you live close to where the old rink was? I'm close to Rabers ding & dent store.

--------------------------------------

I have had a Boy Scout knife or a SAK in the right front pocket since I was about 8yo. Sometimes an A.G. Russell boot carry.

Bucky

Django

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2009
    New Haven
    Pocketknife clipped in right front watchpocket, larger stuff OWB.

-edit-
    Remember, I do not carry both these knives at the same time. Only one at a time. Just put them both on the belt for the pictures. Mostly I will carry the CRKT. That is the one closest to the Kimber. The other is a Camillus.

x519nl.jpg

ncnxpu.jpg
    I had that boot knife (stamped Western USA 777 Stainless)
    Coating on the blade flaked off immediately, Tip bent soon after, not too big an issue.. until the blade snapped near the base.
    This was with medium use and no, I don't abuse blades to 'test' them.
    Sad because I have some older Western skinning-hunting knives that are still in good condition; I would have expected it to hold up better.

Dunno what you use it for, but I would replace it with something that isn't going to flake out at the last minute or break spectacularly.
    I'd stick with the CRKT if that's all you have. :twocents:

Last edited:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I was wondering why the inverted carry. Now I know. It make sense. Nice looking rig.

BTW don't you live close to where the old rink was? I'm close to Rabers ding & dent store.

--------------------------------------

I have had a Boy Scout knife or a SAK in the right front pocket since I was about 8yo. Sometimes an A.G. Russell boot carry.

Bucky

Yes, just down the road from Rock Lake in the middle of Miller Tree Farm. I also have a place on Beaver Dam Lake. I spend most my time at the lake anymore.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Pocketknife clipped in right front watchpocket, larger stuff OWB.

-edit-

I had that boot knife (stamped Western USA 777 Stainless)
    Coating on the blade flaked off immediately, Tip bent soon after, not too big an issue.. until the blade snapped near the base.
    This was with medium use and no, I don't abuse blades to 'test' them.
    Sad because I have some older Western skinning-hunting knives that are still in good condition; I would have expected it to hold up better.

Dunno what you use it for, but I would replace it with something that isn't going to flake out at the last minute or break spectacularly.
    I'd stick with the CRKT if that's all you have. :twocents:

It is not a Western, it is a Camillus. I have had it a long time, mostly used for self defense carry. I do have some cheaper knives that look about the same but not the quality of the Camillus. They are just to play with.

I have over 200 knifes to pick from, these are the two that work the best for me.

Top Bottom