• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've got the addiction too. Fortunately for me I've got pretty darned picky and I'm only upgrading when I do purchase or trade for another one.
    I have a couple of old 1911s that haven't been out of the box in decades. Nice old collector models I picked up when I was actually a functioning member of society in the work force. Retirement and limited fixed income have made me a lot more frugal.
    There's NO cure for the 1911 addiction. Just keep buying them is the only way I know to cure the shakes and want it syndrome.
    The LGS, INGO, and some arsehole buddy with a new 1911 are just enabling my addictions.
    Stay home, don't answer the door, and don't open any thread with 1911 or .45acp in the title.
    I'll see you at the next meeting, "I'm Harry and I'm a 1911 addict"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Funny thing. I accually thought of you when I was putting it in layaway, I thought "Man Churchmouse was right" and yes I see now why you preach the gospel of Springfield. You had alot to do with my conversion.:yesway:. Thanks buddy. Not only is it much tighter and cleaner looking than my Colt, but by the time it was all said and done it was also about $300.00 cheaper. :n00b:

The Colt isnt going anywhere, but I think the Springfield may become an EDC piece.

Ive shot the TRP and Honestly I didnt care for the checkering on the grip. It felt to aggressive and hurt my girly little hands. after a few hundred rounds.

There are a hundred different grips for these out there. If you are talking about the spikes...well..man up my boy, man up.
    Thanks for the thought. I feel the same way about Sig's.

Last edited:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm relatively new to the 1911 world, but it didn't take long to come down with the sickness. My first 1911 was a stainless Springfield Loaded. I really want to love that gun. It feels great and is accurate as heck, but it does have an ejection problem. I have put less than 200 rounds through it and have had three failures to eject. It's also throwing my brass in a way that the cases are hitting the ejection port and denting them badly. As a realoader, this is unaccpetable. It's currently back at Springfield getting the once over. I hope they can fine tune it a little.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I was bit by the bug a few years ago, two springers now live in my safe. Would be three, but when I went looking for a 9mm version to save a few dollars in ammo, I came across a good deal on a nice browning Hi-power, and now there is a cousin of the 1911 living in the safe too. After that experience, along with my other JMB experiences, I am trying to spread the collection out to cover as much of the art of Mr Browning as my budget allows.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    You're looking at it all wrong.

The Colt has battle rattle.
    Not many manufacturers can claim that.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    There are a hundred different grips for these out there. If you are talking about the spikes...well..man up my boy, man up.
    Thanks for the thought. I feel the same way about Sig's.

Yeah Im talking about the cheese grateresque spikes on the front strap. If I could get some wrap around grips that fit the magwell Im sure Id like it better.

Dont get the wrong Idea. I work with my hands everyday and they are pretty rough because of it, and Im not bothered by recoil usually. But those spikes hurt man. I prefer a smooth front strap or Hogue wrap arounds.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm relatively new to the 1911 world, but it didn't take long to come down with the sickness. My first 1911 was a stainless Springfield Loaded. I really want to love that gun. It feels great and is accurate as heck, but it does have an ejection problem. I have put less than 200 rounds through it and have had three failures to eject. It's also throwing my brass in a way that the cases are hitting the ejection port and denting them badly. As a realoader, this is unaccpetable. It's currently back at Springfield getting the once over. I hope they can fine tune it a little.

From what I hear SA's CS is arguably second only to Ruger in the industry, and that is saying somthing as I know first hand that Ruger has unbeliveable CS.

I hear SA is amazing as well just no personal experiance with them. Im sure they will fix yours up right.

TwinTurbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Under pressure with two snails
    I saw the stainless loaded when I was there last Saturday. It was a nice looking 1911, and the only reason I didn't allow myself to hold it is because I really wanted an AK instead of another 1911.

Congrats, OP. I hope you enjoy it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I saw the stainless loaded when I was there last Saturday. It was a nice looking 1911, and the only reason I didn't allow myself to hold it is because I really wanted an AK instead of another 1911.

Congrats, OP. I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks. Im sure I will. Rumor has it they still have one if you change your mind.

Its funny bc I went in also looking for an AK. Well a PAP pistol honestly. It hadnt come in yet so instead of another AK I ended up with an other 1911.

Strange coincedence. :n00b:

Top Bottom