Where do I go from here? Guns and Daughter Related...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I'll tell you what I'd do.

While your daughter is with you, it is YOUR'S/HER time. Her mother cannot tell you what to do with that time.

With that said, I would take her shooting, and not out of spite. Let this blow over a bit. I would also take along someone with character. That way, if she throws it in your face, you have a credible witness. Hell, video tape the affair so there are no questions about what really happened.

I don't know if the two of you get along, but you could always invite the other side to go along. It sounds like her significant other is interested in shooting as well. I know it may seem odd at first, but many families separate and remain friends with one another. You have to put the whole relationship thing aside and just be cordial. Not only will your daughter see that mommy and daddy can get along, but can enjoy time together with her without any animosity.

Buy her a .22, let her pick it out, and make her a responsible owner. She will learn about it, clean it, and lock it up. Read the 10 commandments and you can even make a game out of quizing her with them. BTW...

EPIC FAIL

Alot of above I agree with, I am divorced like you, the difference is I started my son shooting earlier than 7. I would bring your daughter with you again and buy her a Savage kids rifle .
    When the first shooting day comes around I would invite you ex along to shoot also, give her that it's a good thing for alittle family time. And play nice if it happens. Make it fun for both girls. It could be a win win. And if it fails or the ex is not interested what can she say ?? She was invited and she choose not to attend.
    If she has the meltdowns ,.... So what ...let her kick and scream, you two have years and years ahead of you. Don't let her control what and how you choose to spend time with your daughter.
    I grew up in that sillyness of who has control and who doesn't... my ex and I talk when one of us has a problem with our child and we work it out. We do what we both think is right for our child.
    Do what is right with your child, and in the next few years, believe me your daughter will figure out who does what and who says what.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom