• Status
    Not open for further replies.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Long John Silvers in the 'burg for dinner with my wife and little girl. Got to break in my new holster (pics and a quick review later). My daughter ate all my crunchies. :(

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I OC'd at my local Walmart the other night around 9:30-10. A young black guy suddenly said: (in a non threatening way):
    Dang dude you just made ma heart beat 200 bpm

I turned around and smiled and he said:
    Where I come from if I see a gun, I run man.

I just smiled again, walked off. LOL.

That was pretty much the only encounter. I hate Walmart at the best of times especially when it gets late.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OC'd in Bass Pro today and the greeter asked after I passed asked "do you have a CCW? "about to which I said yeah.. and then NO, Its a license to carry and I don't have to conceal.

They offer classes, sell the weapons and ammo. You'd think they'd want to educate the public properly.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    OC'd in Bass Pro today and the greeter asked after I passed asked "do you have a CCW? "about to which I said yeah.. and then NO, Its a license to carry and I don't have to conceal.

They offer classes, sell the weapons and ammo. You'd think they'd want to educate the public properly.

Maybe say "That would be applicable if I was carrying concealed and the state of Indiana had a separate license for it." ? :)

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I open carried today for the first time. Yesterday I picked up a TRP operator with a full rail and it came with a paddle retention holster so I decided to give it a go today. I was really nervous to be honest. But I didn't have any issues at all. We went to chicago's pizza here in greenfield for lunch, and orchland farm and country store. I got a few looks but that was expected. I will more then likely do it again.

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    Normally CC but just got off work at Midwest Gun Exchange and my mom needed to go to Kroger so I went with her. the Security Guard glared me down like he was burning holes through me with laser beams. One of the reasons I don't open carry.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Chick-fil-A in Merrillville for dinner tonight. Kid at the counter asked me, "What's that? I know it's a gun, but what is it?" I told him it was an HK USP and he said, "Cool. Are you an officer?" I told him I wasn't. He then asked, "Just exercising your 2nd Amendment rights?" I said, "Yep."

I also saw two other CC'ers in there as well.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Yesterday on the way home from work I stopped at the BP south of Grissom AFB (after work ritual.. bottle of water and a whatchamacallit). A couple of Custody [STRIKE]Officers[/STRIKE] Staff from the prison were eating some subway and gave me the stink eye on the way out. Once I was in my car I blew them a kiss. ;)

This morning a newer employee at Speedway (Markland/Goyer in Kokomo) said "Who are you to be carrying that?" It really caught me off gaurd, since it was still pretty early in the morning. Started the "Just your average citizen" speech but she cut me short and said "I'm sorry, I ment to ask if you were with the Sherriff Department. I carry when I'm off work" So... mixed emotions on that encounter.

Last edited:

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    I owb cc at my bank first time carrying their wasnt sure of laws regarding banks till recently always disarmed in parking lot before, OWB OC the following shoe carnival, game stop, Bass Pro in Clarksville. Was asked if to show my permit and drivers license at BPS as they normally ask when they see that i am carrying. Other than the greeter asking to see my permit and license no comments at all. just the way it should be.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I owb cc at my bank first time carrying their wasnt sure of laws regarding banks till recently always disarmed in parking lot before, OWB OC the following shoe carnival, game stop, Bass Pro in Clarksville. Was asked if to show my permit and drivers license at BPS as they normally ask when they see that i am carrying. Other than the greeter asking to see my permit and license no comments at all. just the way it should be.

There is no legal requirement to show either to them as far as I know, but they also have no legal requirement to let you on their property. I would probably refuse and walk out myself.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    There is no legal requirement to show either to them as far as I know, but they also have no legal requirement to let you on their property. I would probably refuse and walk out myself.

I would likely have asked him to see his badge and kept walking since their store policy is to follow state and local laws which as we know allows open carry here in IN. If another word was said about it I would have then asked for the manager and made sure he took care of the problem with said greeter.

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.

Yes i know there is no legal requirement. but like you said its their private property. Would be no different than if you was to go to a gun show that doesn't allow loaded firearms in the show. Its their rules and just opening my walled and showing my LTCH and license takes all of 3 seconds. and im on my way their has been several times i just walk in and no asks to see them just depends on who is working the greeters position and if they even notice the weapon.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yes i know there is no legal requirement. but like you said its their private property...

They are simply employees. If some of them are making up their own personal requirements for public entry, they should be told to pound sand and ask for a manager. The manager has greater authority over the business property and might like to know why this employee is hassling potential customers.

:twocents:

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    They are simply employees. If some of them are making up their own personal requirements for public entry, they should be told to pound sand and ask for a manager. The manager has greater authority over the business property and might like to know why this employee is hassling potential customers.

:twocents:

i agree that we shouldn't be hassled but i believe that it is a store policy to check for LTCH and to confirm the persons name on the LTCH via state id. There is a sign when you walk in saying please check all firearms at customer service as i never do that i assume its for all firearms being traded in or returned to the store.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom