• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Just got back from taking the dogs for a walk through the neighborhood. No instances other than my GF giving me **** about how I talked to some kids who asked if my dogs bite and if they could pet them. I'm sorry, but when you ask the same question 4 times, I'm going to be short with how I give my answers.

IndyKiller82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Avon, IN
    +1 for Meijer in Avon. I was open carrying today while grocery shopping and one of the butchers came down an aisle and said he saw me open carrying and wanted to thank me for doing so in his store. He gave me a fist bump and we chatted for a few about carrying.

And then at the register, another customer asked me how I liked my holster and he informed me he was carrying today too, CC though.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    +1 for Meijer in Avon. I was open carrying today while grocery shopping and one of the butchers came down an aisle and said he saw me open carrying and wanted to thank me for doing so in his store. He gave me a fist bump and we chatted for a few about carrying.

And then at the register, another customer asked me how I liked my holster and he informed me he was carrying today too, CC though.

Did the butcher wash his hands before fist bumping you? Just sayin.....
    But seriously awesome to hear he thanked you. :yesway:

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    Every dang furniture store from Westfield to Castleton and back. As well as 3 Targets, and a Pier One. (Wife is trying to furnish her salon, go me.)

IndyKiller82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Avon, IN
    Did the butcher wash his hands before fist bumping you? Just sayin.....
    But seriously awesome to hear he thanked you. :yesway:

I thought the same thing but I think that is why he went for the fist bump instead of a full handshake. But I didn't care either way, it is just cool to get props from someone, especially an employee about OCing.

GoNavy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Just got back from taking the dogs for a walk through the neighborhood. No instances other than my GF giving me **** about how I talked to some kids who asked if my dogs bite and if they could pet them. I'm sorry, but when you ask the same question 4 times, I'm going to be short with how I give my answers.

Whenever people ask me me if my dogs bite i always answer with a shrug and say "sometimes"

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I've been asked if my gun is real several times. What, I'm gonna carry a toy gun? Seriously, people, come on.

Yesterday, a lady in the shop asked me if I put real bullets in my gun. I said, "yes."
    She said, "like...right now?? And every time??"
    I said, "Yes... wouldn't be much good if it was empty..." (I learned that line here. :D )

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yesterday, a lady in the shop asked me if I put real bullets in my gun. I said, "yes."
    I said, "Yes... wouldn't be much good if it was empty..." (I learned that line here. :D )

"Yes... wouldn't be much good if it was empty..."
    Used that one many times.

"real bullets"
    Never been asked that.
    Real bullets? No Mam. Mine are the metal kind....

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

FacePunch.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Should have told her you had snap caps in there, so you can do some practicing in between customers.You know during those days when the shop is slow. ;)

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I OC'd in the Plainfield Walmart, a nearby LGS (found .22LR for .10 each and .223 for .60 each, not great prices but coming down), and I'm in the Brownsburg Green Street McDonald's right now. No hassles, no panicked sheeple-herd stampedes.

It only took two OC jaunts to bring me to the dark side, muhahahaha.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Wal-Mart at County Line and Emerson, Sport Clips on Emerson by County Line, Lowes off of County Line and Madison.

A small boy at Sport Clips said to his mom, "That man has a gun!" and the mom said, "He sure does." He then asked, "Why does he have a gun?" and his mom said, "Why don't you ask him?"

He asked me, and I told him it was to protect myself and my family and then he asked, "Do you have a second gun?" It was a pretty humorous conversation - probably the first time this little boy has seen somebody other than a police officer carrying a gun. All I can hope is that he grows up realizing that good guys can have guns too and that it isn't a bad thing.

Talked with his mom for a short bit - she was pretty open to the idea and even said, "If I got one, I think I'd want to have a pink one." I told her that it could be done easily, etc... At any rate, she seemed to have an open mind which is great.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Walgreens in Lowell. They had 24 bottle cases of water in sale for $1.99. Bought a bunch. Then Aldi's. A block over to Alco looking for rubber totes then to Stracks next door.

Was in there shopping with my wife for about 45min. When we were headed for the cashier an older gentleman said something to me as I was loading a 5 gallon jug of water for my water cooler into the cart (I drink a lot of water...). I didn't understand him so I asked him what he said.

He pointed to my Glock and said that concealed carry is nice huh? I wasn't sure if he was just confused about the meaning of the word concealed or was being sarcastic.

Me: You can open carry in Indiana.
    Him: He said I know it's great, I think more people should carry.
    Me: Oh, I agree.
    Him: My son carries everywhere he goes.
    Me: That's awesome, good for him.
    Him: Yeah people should in these times.

I agreed and we sort of parted ways. For a second I thought about asking him if he carried but based on his responses it seemed not and figured he might not want me asking.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Texas Roadhouse in Kokomo, no issues at all. Well, aside from their VERY loose definition of "Medium". Thought I was going to have to re-kill my steak.

Top Bottom