• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    The attitude that seems to permeate the EPD will soon change when Guy and Frosty are done with them.

I hate to say it, because I really, really believe that Frosty and Guy are working to right a huge injustice, but I don't think that their case will change the ingrained, entrenched anti sentiment steadfastly clenched by the EPD.

I really truly want Frosty to win, but I think it'll only add to the EPD butthurt.

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    picking up pizza at Papa John's. On the way out some girl said "well hi there officer." I didn't correct her and just said hi.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    All in Terre Haute.....Menards,Lowes,Sears,Tractor Supply,Ryans. Only thing asked was at TS, kid asked what I carried. Told him it was a Glock 19, said he was looking at getting a XD 9. I told him it was a very nice gun and he would be very happy with it. Little did he know I also had a S&W Shield 9 IWB and a S&W 642 in an ankle holster. Just in case a 5 year old girl grabbed my Glock.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Had some lunch and ran errands with the 3yr old daughter yesterday. Bob Evans & Dunham's in Auburn, then Meijer on Maysville/37 in Fort Wayne. Nothing said, a few glances like usual, that's it. My daughter cracked me up at Dunham's, she kept saying she wanted a pink gun. Love it.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Last night I OCed to Regal 14 in Greenwood and then to TGIFridays that's connected to Greenwood Park Mall. Not a word was muttered in 2 known anti-2a establishments. :D

Btw, Hotel Transylvania is very funny.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Today was a decent day, until this evening... First stop was Donut Bank this morning, then Hucks, then Best Buy, and B-dubs for dinner with my fiance. Everything was fine. Even B-Dubs didn't give me problems.. They never do..

Then Hucks this evening for my drink. Like I do every night. Walk in, gun on my hip, put my $0.85 on the counter, and walk over to the fountain drinks. There was a state cop there in a windbreaker. I walk past him, and as I am about eight feet away, I hear someone mutter "Unbelievable."

I think "Yanno what, I am tired, I want to get home. Whatever." I get my drink, and as I am walking towards the door he says "You need to cover that thing up walking in a place like this at night." I just say "Alright."

I push the door open, and he says "You make people nervous after what happened in Colorado, carrying that thing like you're a cop."

I let the door shut behind me, and get in my car. Drive away, and get home. Here I am.

I am DONE getting lectures from police, and not filing complaints.. I have been stupid, I haven't gotten names, I haven't filed reports. But this is my official announcement. I am finished letting LEO's push me around and stomp all over me. From now on, I am filing complaints. Not a phone call, I will be at the PD, explaining what happened. No posting a story on INGO, I will be talking to someone in charge at the PD.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Today was a decent day, until this evening... First stop was Donut Bank this morning, then Hucks, then Best Buy, and B-dubs for dinner with my fiance. Everything was fine. Even B-Dubs didn't give me problems.. They never do..

Then Hucks this evening for my drink. Like I do every night. Walk in, gun on my hip, put my $0.85 on the counter, and walk over to the fountain drinks. There was a state cop there in a windbreaker. I walk past him, and as I am about eight feet away, I hear someone mutter "Unbelievable."

I think "Yanno what, I am tired, I want to get home. Whatever." I get my drink, and as I am walking towards the door he says "You need to cover that thing up walking in a place like this at night." I just say "Alright."

I push the door open, and he says "You make people nervous after what happened in Colorado, carrying that thing like you're a cop."

I let the door shut behind me, and get in my car. Drive away, and get home. Here I am.

I am DONE taking **** from police, and not filing complaints.. I have been stupid, I haven't gotten names, I haven't filed reports. But this is my official announcement. I am finished letting LEO's push me around and stomp all over me. From now on, any snide remark, any sideways stare they give me, I am filing a complaint. Not a phone call, I will be at the PD, explaining what happened.

I don't care if I am down there every night, but I will not take crap anymore. I am sick of it. It's my right, and I am within the law to OC, and damn it, I will OC. Stop picking on me. Is it because I am young? Do you hate guns? I don't get it. But I am done laying there and taking it. I will be filing complaints from now on. Period.

This is NOT a threat to the well being of any LEO. I am simply stating I will be reporting anything I feel is out of line.

That feeling you are experiencing right now, I know it all too well. You've been discriminated and harassed. Until you do something about it, it will only get worse. So I urge you to take whatever legal steps you must to rectify this. Next time this happens, record the incident, confront (calmly) those who harass you and let them know while on camera that they are in direct violation of your rights. You have just as much right as any other human being on this planet to protect yourself. Just because those who harass you have a badge, it does not give them the right to do so. If they don't like it, they can wrongfully arrest you and face severe consequences themselves. Don't be afraid to stand up for your rights. Travis

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    That feeling you are experiencing right now, I know it all too well. You've been discriminated and harassed. Until you do something about it, it will only get worse. So I urge you to take whatever legal steps you must to rectify this. Next time this happens, record the incident, confront (calmly) those who harass you and let them know while on camera that they are in direct violation of your rights. You have just as much right as any other human being on this planet to protect yourself. Just because those who harass you have a badge, it does not give them the right to do so. If they don't like it, they can wrongfully arrest you and face severe consequences themselves. Don't be afraid to stand up for your rights. Travis

How do I go about recording a incident? I was thinking about this on my way home, do I just tell the LEo, "Hang on a second, let me start recording" I don't think that would go over too wel.. Help?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I can tell you what I plan on doing if it happens to me. I will take my cell phone out of my pocket and video record our conversation. I've already instructed my wife to do so also if she is with me. What are they going to do, illegally seize your phone? If they are going to harass me, I'm getting it on camera. If they don't want to be recorded, that should trip a huge red flag right there, because they know they are violating the law. It's time to put on the big boy pants and man up, just saying. And then you contact Guy Relford and let him hand them their asses.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Just give them the old "Nod, Smile and Wave" and be on your way.
    smilingbob1.jpg

Remember that most times when an officer is standing with coffee in his hand, he's getting that caffeine buzz and can't stop talking.
    When their brain starts poring out their mouth uncontrollably, I continue on my way until an "order" gets barked at me. (some don't like to be ignored) :xmad:

Usually just their personal anti beliefs but some I've spoken with still think it's not legal to OC. (or so they say)

You can stand your ground to a point but don't get tased.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    How do I go about recording a incident? I was thinking about this on my way home, do I just tell the LEo, "Hang on a second, let me start recording" I don't think that would go over too wel.. Help?

99% of the time I'm carrying, OC or CC, my phone is recording. I hit "record" when I leave the house. I hit stop when I get home.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    This is unbelievable.. Prepare for another rant about Evansville PD. Just a disclaimer, I did NOT get his name, I was just far too frustrated to think straight. I can't remember exactly what he said, I again was too frustrated. But here goes as best I remember...

Today my Fiance and I decided to shoot down to the fall fest to grab some lunch before work. I usually park in the K-9 unit parking, it's close and its cheap. So I get there, and lift up in my seat to get to my wallet.

The off duty cop working there asked if I had my permit, and I told him "No, I have a License to Carry.." He told me I need to cover my gun up, and that its just absolutely idiotic to carry openly, especially around so many people. He wishes they never changed the LTCH to allow OC, and that he hates people that do that.. "Just think, how easy it would be for someone to come up and smash your head with a bat, and steal your gun."

I responded with "Well, it's comfortable and that's how I like to carry." He THREW my money back into my car (Two bills in the passenger foot well, one in my lap) and told me if I don't cover it, don't worry about parking there. He proceeded to reiterate how stupid I am (yes, directly at me) for open carrying, and he hates people that do it.

As I was reversing out, he shouted "I'll make sure every cop down here stops you and asks to see your permit. Have a fantastic day!"

I was just absolutely appalled. I couldn't think straight, I didn't get a name, I didn't get anything. My mind was just rushing 1000 miles a minute trying to process what just happened..

I parked elsewhere, open carried all around the fall fest (for the fourth time this year) and didn't get stopped once... Now I am off to work for the rest of the night.

The cop was about six foot, brown hair and had shades on.. So that narrows it down to about half the population of Evansville.. Ugh. I am sure I forgot a few things he said, but like I said, I was just overwhelmed..
    This was illegal.

Top Bottom