• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Starbucks on 26 in Lafayette...usual mornign friendly crowd who know me...found out that one of the staff has a Kimber 1911 and some short polymer (not a Glock) that he will use if he is CCing... went to Wally world realyl quick but never get any hassels from there....

I want to go to Gander Mountain in Lafayette today at lunch...havent been there yet....whats the atmosphere on OC there?

GONZO!!!

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Biked (yes my wife, I actually rode a bike today to work.. :) ) from the far north side of Valpo, down Calumet Avenue, breakfast at Schoop's, Family Express for some other items and then through downtown Valpo. Past two (well they passed me...) Valpo LEO's and one County Mountie... Results...? I got sweaty pedaling the bike...

I either need an office far enough away that I would not consider this, or close enough that I would not care...

And no, I did not have the AK-47 strapped over my shoulder, T-F... you Time Bomb...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Starbucks, Thorntons, McDonalds (No more chicken mcbites, so I walked out in a huff :P ), Steak n Shake (no service, so I left a dollar on the table for the drink and walked out), liquor store, pipe puffer, barnes and noble, starbucks again, bed bath beyond, and home.

Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Hiked all day yesterday at Turkey Run with a friend. Great day for hiking so lot's of people where there. Got a few double takes, and a little boy said "he's got a gun" to his mom as they passed us. Went out to Subway for lunch and had no problems there. :yesway:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Met with our wedding cake baker to discuss options, and then down to Mr. Gatti's in Clarksville for some pizza.

Got some looks in the restaurant, but nobody said anything.

gun_nut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Haubstadt. IN
    Flying J truck stop on I-64 & 41 - had to get gas before I went to the farm. My card would not work at the pump so I had to go in. Got a few looks but nothing said. I was carrying my Kimber 1911.

GN

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Went to Whittakers yesterday. From what I heard, you have to check your carry piece at the counter. I walked in, and asked the guy and he told me "keep it on your hip and spend money." I like him. He was funny.

That night, we went out with a few of my fiances friends to Panera Bread. Got some weird looks from the soccer moms that sat a few tables away from us. One of her friends didn't know OC was legal in IN, so I got to edumacate her.

Today, I went to Hucks, Starbucks, Home Depot, Lowes, Car Wash where I vacuumed my interior, out to Olive Garden tonight with my fiance, and then to see Lawless.

Movie wasn't bad. Didn't have any hiccups, MWAG calls, or weird stares all day.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Went to B-town for the IU football game and open carried all over the place. As far as anyone knows, I was unarmed while in Memorial Stadium.:draw:

Got some wide eyed stares at Village Deli (mmmmmmm...pancakes) yesterday morning. Strong side toward open end of booth;).

I love Bloomington because it's just so much fun.:rockwoot:

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Carried open to the corner Village Pantry....even got complimented by the lady in back of me on how pretty my Kimber was.

She didnt know what a Kimber was, but she was impressed...I was just impressed that someone noticed that I was carrying.

God bless
    -Shred

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Carried over to campus where I began to CC, went to lunch with a classmate and OC'd at Subway. He asked a few questions, but other than that it all went well. Swung by Gander to return a Holster and pick up a new reflex sight for my gsg-22. :rockwoot:

Than to Donut Bank, Hucks, GiGis Cupcakes (store full of women, not a word.) Donut Bank again, Fifth Third, and then Zuki for dinner this evening.

Busy Busy Busy day.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Tonight I ran into Wally World for a couple of things. Had some photos printed for the boy's school project so I stopped at the photo lab. The guy behind the counter, after commenting on the name on the envelope (Sockmonkey's) started a weird conversation.

Him: "So, what's with the piece?"
    Me, counting change: *confused look, keeps counting*
    Him: "Are you some type of security or police or something?"
    Me: "Nope, just an ordinary citizen."
    Him: "You know this is Columbus...you're more likely to be attacked by a kitten."
    Me: "Do you have a fire extinguisher at home?"
    Him: "Yeah."
    Me: "Do you expect a fire?"
    Him: "When I cook, yeah."
    Me: :n00b: Well, that's the same reason I carry. I don't know when I'll need it. Same reason I wear a seatbelt."
    Him: "That's a law..."
    Me: *internal facepalm*

I completed my transaction and walked away. I told Sockmonkey about it when I got home. Her comment, "Tell that to the guy that got robbed at the other store."

Top Bottom