• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I OC most of the time, but while in Greenfield Wal-Mart today I had some little old lady come up to me and question it. The conversation went like this...
    Her: Sir, are you a police officer?
    Me: No, Ma'am!
    Her: I was just asking cuz I saw your firearm, and I was going to tellyou to be careful out there. Even though you're not, still be careful.
    Me: Well thank you Ma'am, you too.
    Her: Oh trust me I'm careful, I've got mine too (patting her purse).
    Me: Good for you! In todays society you almost have to. Have a great day!

Saw 2-3 other gentlemen OCing while I was in Wally World too.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    White Castle for breakfast this morning and again at Best Buy. Again I got the finest service in all Terre Haute as the only OC person anyone ever sees.

LIVE IN AWE OF ME! Just kidding but sometimes this is how it feels here.

I OC anytime I leave my house in fact. I try to at least, if I am going to wear Bib Overalls I haven't figured out a food way to manage to OC yet.
    I also wear body armor when I am able due to dress and when it is under 90 degrees in the shade.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Friday night. Texas Road House on Ireland. I guess it's Ireland Road. I don't know. No worries, anyway...

Saturday Lowe's and Wally World. Kitchen guy at Lowe's said he would be extra helpful so I wouldn't shoot him. He did OK so I decide not to.

Clerk at WW in sporting goods wanted to know what I was carrying. Other clerk chimed in about the IL carry laws. Related my recent trip to Chicago and the Tiny Dancers new laws he rushed through. They even had 100 round WWB in .45. Bought some shot shells.

Coltsfan33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Greenfield
    I OC most of the time, but while in Greenfield Wal-Mart today I had some little old lady come up to me and question it. The conversation went like this...
    Her: Sir, are you a police officer?
    Me: No, Ma'am!
    Her: I was just asking cuz I saw your firearm, and I was going to tellyou to be careful out there. Even though you're not, still be careful.
    Me: Well thank you Ma'am, you too.
    Her: Oh trust me I'm careful, I've got mine too (patting her purse).
    Me: Good for you! In todays society you almost have to. Have a great day!

Saw 2-3 other gentlemen OCing while I was in Wally World too.

Good for her!
    I have yet to see another OC'er in Greenfield, except for if I swing into Highsmiths Guns.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Had to help a neighbor with a solemn errand yesterday, so I was OCing in Nashville and Bean Blossom. At the building the errand was at in Bean Blossom, I was distracted by some heavy thinking and was informed by my neighbor that they had overheard one of the adults there telling her child "because he's exercising his 2A rights," and someone else commenting "I wouldn't mess with him anyway."

I had been in an impromptu lunch meeting with some associates at the McDonald's in Nashville prior to the above (part of the reason I was distracted) and had already been seated when my associates joined me. It wasn't until we stood up to leave that they noticed I was carrying. No comments, but I saw the sudden and hurriedly hidden look of surprise after the glance at my hip.

I ended up the evening on a date with Sockmonkey, OCing at Johnny Carino's and WM, before CCing into the AMC theater to see The Lone Ranger. Good flick, but I couldn't tell if the "high capacity revolver" gunfight near the end was bad gunplay or an intentional homage to the past.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Outside the house, took the dogs for a walk. The neighbor kids, and another neighbor with a Corgi stopped us to interact with the dogs. He and his wife never said anything.

Then Starbucks, Walmart on 86th, Best Buy and ATT store on North Michigan.

Then Subway on Main/emerson.

The Subway was empty, it was just me. The two people working there, I assume were husband/wife, Indian couple. She made the sammich, and he rung it up. She walked over to him as he rang it up and kept staring.

It was an odd feeling, as though she thought "Oh god something's going to happen..." Yet it ended with a smile from me and a "Thank you!" I feel like stupid, small interactions like this are what's needed to reinforce in people's mind's the kindness of us.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I took a nice bike ride down the Monon trail from the fairgrounds to downtown Indy and all along the cultural trail, Mass Ave. I was sort of trying to cover the gun with a t- shirt but on the bike it's a challenge and gun is exposed most of the time. I never can really tell if anyone behind me notices since I generally keep a pretty brisk pace.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I took a nice bike ride down the Monon trail from the fairgrounds to downtown Indy and all along the cultural trail, Mass Ave. I was sort of trying to cover the gun with a t- shirt but on the bike it's a challenge and gun is exposed most of the time. I never can really tell if anyone behind me notices since I generally keep a pretty brisk pace.

Not sure if accidental OC belongs here...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On the way to Cincinnati this morning, in my car.

By the way, EVERY SINGLE DODGE CHARGER ON I-74 is a cop.

As I was reaching for my license in my pocket, I mentioned "By the way, I have a gun on my right side"... he said "That's fine" and didn't care.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wednesday evening, went and saw The Conjuring at the theater in Avon. No issues, and that movie is cree-py.

Side note: the ushers now check the emergency exits twice during the show. Nice, non-obtrusive update to their security routine.

Also had dinner at So Italian in Brownsburg last night (pizza night with my wife and kiddo). That place is hopping! Nice to see a little, local place do so well. They opened the same year we moved into the 'burg.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Yesterday I went to breakfast at IHOP in TH for breakfast then OCed at Profire, then went back to Terre Haute and went into my Bank, First Federal, branch is the Springhill Branch, then off to Steak-n-Sheak for lunch. Off to Wabash Valley Armory to put some money from a gun sale down on a new Ruger LC9 I've been wanting then off to get groceries and then on my way I stopped at the liquor store for some beer as I wanted a cold one (while there a nice looking girls asked what I was carrying and if I thought her elderly father would like it which sort of hurt my pride a bit) then finally back home to unload my groceries and sip a few cold ones.

Today was the Sabbath, so I stayed home.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I didn't, but I saw a guy, on a red Honda, OC ing, a Glock, think Gen. 4, it had finger grooves, anyway, on US 36, heading east, to Indy.... Thur., or Fri., can't remember....

$cards

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    United States
    was at verizon on ireland rd in south bend today. was oc and asked by the 60 yearold grandma acting as security to take my weapon out to my car. asked her if she was a rep of verizon and she said she was. I was just standing at the front door waiting to be helped. when I called verizon customer service the had me on the phone for 45 mins. they said they talked to the store manager and they had security because they had been robbed alot. yet nothing in the paper and what was this 'security" going to do beat me with her cane. so verizon says they are going to do an investigation. im not holding my breath. needless to say im nolonger a verizon customer

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Wednesday evening, went and saw The Conjuring at the theater in Avon. No issues, and that movie is cree-py.

Side note: the ushers now check the emergency exits twice during the show. Nice, non-obtrusive update to their security routine.

Also had dinner at So Italian in Brownsburg last night (pizza night with my wife and kiddo). That place is hopping! Nice to see a little, local place do so well. They opened the same year we moved into the 'burg.

I OC'ed at the Avon theaters when the wife and I went to see Fast and Furious 6. We passed one of the plain clothes IMPD officers on the way to our show. He did a 180 and followed us to our seats. He sat two rows back and a few seats over to my left. I looked at my wife and said loud enough so he could hear, "It must be nice to get paid to follow people and watch movies at the same time." He then left about 15-20 minutes into the show.

I understand they're there for our "safety" but they should try to blend in a little better...

Top Bottom