• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Not today but I OC'd at the Greenwood Park Mall and one of the security guards told me it was private property and that I could not carry inside the mall, the mall has no signs stating that guns are not allowed not to mention I was unaware that a shopping mall was private property.
    I believe the sign is very small and at the entrances. Why would you not think a building, ran by a business, that contains other businesses, is not private property?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Not today but I OC'd at the Greenwood Park Mall and one of the security guards told me it was private property and that I could not carry inside the mall, the mall has no signs stating that guns are not allowed not to mention I was unaware that a shopping mall was private property.

They have a sign at the main entrances to the mall. It's a list of rules and it's rule number 13 or 14, I believe.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL

Yes, Greenwood Park Mall is private property. They're run by Simon Malls.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

So, you think the mall is government owned?:dunno:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I went in the back entrance to Burlington Coat Factory in Lafayette Square mall wihle OCing a Glock 26. Walked around for awhile until I found a jacket then took it up by the front door (which went into the mall) and paid for it. Then I went out the back door again. Nobody said a word. So much for Simon Malls GFZ policy, at least for that trip.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Headed back up to the Fort Wayne area on Saturday. OC'ed at the Wal-Mart next to Jefferson Point with no issues then again at the American Legion in Churubusco after the fund raiser for my daughter.

Oc'ing at the Legion only brought up a conversation about how out gunned someone would be if they decided to walk in and rob the place.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Took a stroll down by the Evansville riverfront, and stopped to watch the "Evansville Fire Family" do their show. It was pretty cool. Didn't have any problems except one..

About 15 minutes into the walk I hear a man say "Colin Smith, is that you carrying a gun up there?!"

I turned around expecting the worst, but it was one of my high school english teachers, all went well and we chatted for about twenty minutes, turns out he's a gun guy too!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

There is either Public or Private.
    The gov. doesn't own the mall, a Private Entity or Private Person does.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On the topic of GPM - I used to OC there all the time. Only got asked to cover-up once by mall-security. Was an older gentleman that asked me nicely to cover up, says the mall doesn't allow it, etc etc. I was helping set up a kiosk in the middle of the mall, so I obliged. He was pretty cool about it. Every other time I OC'd there, I was never approached.

Went to Southern Bowl on Saturday. There was a "cop" behind the counter all night playing on his iPhone. Probably just the boyfriend of one of the girls working there. Bowled a 107.

Then to Wing'n It on 135. A bit around the neighborhood, not much else.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Back out to Rural King to check out their empty gun counter again, and to pick up a few more cleaning supplies. Really starting to like the Pro-Shot brand.. Made in the USA is a pretty big deal. :)

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Rural king in Lafayette...had to pick up some farm supplies and thought I would check out the new gun counter while I was there. Carried my full size 1911 Government Model .45

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    Went to Southern Bowl on Saturday. There was a "cop" behind the counter all night playing on his iPhone. Probably just the boyfriend of one of the girls working there. Bowled a 107.

There are lots of things I wouldn't post on a public forum... Bowled a 107 is pretty close to the top of the list. :D

Speedway to get coffee (I'm in there all the time) and one of the customers gave me very concerned look according to my wife, Target then home. No issues.

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    Meijer, cvs, and Taco Bell with no concerns. Stopped in the co-op on the way home (which i frequent) and had a woman in her 40s rush to the deputy by the cola dispenser and frantically tell him some guy with a gun is over there at the register. Needless to say he came over to see what she was talking about. Looked at my kahr neatly tucked in its holster, nodded and walked back to the woman. He said something to her softly and she stormed out.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Meijer, cvs, and Taco Bell with no concerns. Stopped in the co-op on the way home (which i frequent) and had a woman in her 40s rush to the deputy by the cola dispenser and frantically tell him some guy with a gun is over there at the register. Needless to say he came over to see what she was talking about. Looked at my kahr neatly tucked in its holster, nodded and walked back to the woman. He said something to her softly and she stormed out.

In her mind it was okay for a LEO to have be armed but not a citizen... This is one of the best reasons to OC, OMHO; to educate the sheeple. The best reason for me is pure readiness.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Illinois.

Huh???

So apparantly 1 man with a gun is her limit??

Top Bottom