• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billy Bob Chubb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I just bought my first gun. My father raised me with them but I've never had one of my own. I got a Sig P250 .40 S&W. I know there are indoor and outdoor ranges but where I grew up (Lake Tahoe), we could just walk into the national forests and blast stuff. I like taking soda cans, fruit, old cell phones, whatever and just setting them up and shooting at them.

I live in Fishers in Hamilton county in a residential suburb. Is there anywhere I can just drive out to in the boonies and start firing away? I just assume everything is private land and I'd be trespassing.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I'm looking in to a shooting club now and have tried to read the rules of the nearby places. Atlanta Conservation Club lets you shoot steel; they want you to do their competitions when you join. They won't let you shoot other stuff. I don't think Hamilton County Fish & Game (HCFG) or Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club (FCVCC) let you shoot other stuff either. HCFG is on the north end of Noblesville, FCVCC is east of Pendleton.

I think you'll have to make friends with someone in the country to be able to shoot whatever you want; there's not really free public land around.

For an indoor range to use "now" check out the new one at Indy Trading Post (they're a site sponsor and have their own forum further down), but paper only of course. It's located on the south side of downtown. About 30 - 40 minutes from me at 146th & 37.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    i got to go and shoot at fcvcc today thanks to bronsonbull. i really liked the place. i've shot at hcfg, and acc as well. both good choices. if you want to try skeet, go to indiana gun club in geist. that's always a good time.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I just bought my first gun. My father raised me with them but I've never had one of my own. I got a Sig P250 .40 S&W. I know there are indoor and outdoor ranges but where I grew up (Lake Tahoe), we could just walk into the national forests and blast stuff. I like taking soda cans, fruit, old cell phones, whatever and just setting them up and shooting at them.

I live in Fishers in Hamilton county in a residential suburb. Is there anywhere I can just drive out to in the boonies and start firing away? I just assume everything is private land and I'd be trespassing.

Just drive over to Carmel and open up. But be sure that you've got scented ammunition. :D

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Anywhere along 38th street is fine however it is common courtesy to yell what street you live on followed by monosyllabic derogatory female personal pronouns.

Example: *POW*POW*POW* 18TH STREET B**CH!!!

Similar to yelling "fore" in golf, it's important to inform those downrange to be aware of your actions.

Your father probably didn't explain that to you while you were growing up as it's more of a modern concept and you've come to the right place to get information. You're father probably didn't have spinny rims either.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I too live in Fishers, we have a family cabin in Michigan (Go Blue) I visit twice a year, and always shoot whatever/whenever up there. Locally I drive to New Castle (Wilbur Wright) state range for rifle shooting and I have a memebrship to POPGUNS indoor range also. I stop there to shoot indoor handgun about twice a month, and its on my way home up I-465 if I take that way home so very convenient for me. Those out door ranges in the winter, I use sparingly.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Anywhere along 38th street is fine however it is common courtesy to yell what street you live on followed by monosyllabic derogatory female personal pronouns.

Example: *POW*POW*POW* 18TH STREET B**CH!!!

Similar to yelling "fore" in golf, it's important to inform those downrange to be aware of your actions.

Your father probably didn't explain that to you while you were growing up as it's more of a modern concept and you've come to the right place to get information. You're father probably didn't have spinny rims either.
    In general, you are correct, however the OP is from Fishers, and *POW*POW*POW* Spring Blossom Lane B**CH!!! just doesn't have the same feel. (Note: I pulled the street name from a Google map of Fishers. I have no idea where the OP actually lives. :): )

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The area around 42nd and Post seems to have become a popular shooting location. Wear a vest. Police your brass, the neighbors appreciate it.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    42nd & Post is a pretty popular place to burn some ammo!

When I saw the thread, I was going to say 38th street.

I made my wife start carrying because she works near 34th and Meridian. A couple of locals have come up to her in the parking lot begging for money.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    When I saw the thread, I was going to say 38th street.

I made my wife start carrying because she works near 34th and Meridian. A couple of locals have come up to her in the parking lot begging for money.

Do they like lead currency?

Top Bottom