• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shawno31b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I have a S&W AR .223 and looking to get it baked OD green and have no clue where to go. I am from Northwest IN so any help would be great!

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I have a S&W AR .223 and looking to get it baked OD green and have no clue where to go. I am from Northwest IN so any help would be great!

Any particular reason why you wish to apply what is in a practicality a permanent finish? Any real reason not to head to local store and buy a couple cans of OD green spray paint and just paint the thing yourself, spend less than $10 and if you scratch or wear away some paint, re-paint. If you get tired of the color and want to go back to black, strip away all signs of your artistic endeavors.

Rattle canning, the real way to color any AR.

scsbronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    I've rattled canned my LMT 4 times. I'm ready to OD or tan permanently. I'm wondering them same question. I'm also in NWI

Shawno31b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I want something professionally done and that will be permanent. Looks better and and not always having to run to the hardware store and spray paint. Thanks for the help cowboy and shadow!

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I want something professionally done and that will be permanent. Looks better and and not always having to run to the hardware store and spray paint. Thanks for the help cowboy and shadow!

Well, it will go a bit longer before it wears off and then you have a permanent(?) coating that isn't so easliy fixed. Coloring is intended to break up the outline, and worn paint jobs do this quite well.

There are pluses & minuses to everything. Beware the the minuses that can present big PITAs

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    There's a shop in/near Bloomington called Hoosier Gun Coat. I think they do both Duracoat and Cerakote. I've heard good things about them but have not used them personally.

George III

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Indianapolis
    One word: Cerakote

Cerakote is what you want to do. There is a great video sponsored by INGO on YouTube. It is a ceramic based coating that os far better then Dura and other methods.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You could give these people a call. They have a website but it seemed to be completely worthless. Found them on the Duracoat certified finishers page.

Innovative Armament Corp.
    1542 Austin Ave.
    Schererville, IN 46375
    (219) 864-9453
    Lawrence L. Willoughby
    Email: innovativearmament@sbcglobal.net

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    I'd definitely go the Cerakote route. There is a video you can watch that shows how all the finishes hold up and Cerakote blows the rest right out of the water. I live in Bloomington and I should be picking up my Glock 21 slide from Bloomington Home and Personal Security Store tomorrow. I just had it Cerakoted and I'm excited. I've seen a bunch of weapons they have done and they do top notch work. I know that doesn't help much since you are in NWI, but if you are willing to make the drive, they are an option.

Top Bottom