• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Looking for an online source for semi bulk 10mm. I know of Underwood and Double tap. Curious if there are more suppliers of actual 10mm ammo out there.
    My Definition of full power 180gr@1200+fps. Doesn't have to be currently in stock just looking for more suppliers to check out. Reloaded is fine also, well commercially reloaded. Thanks in advance

Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    I load my own 10mm rounds. Currently, using 165g Remington Golden Sabre, 11.5g Blue Dot, CCI 350 primer, Starline brass. According to Alliant, Alliant Powder - Reloader's Guide
    is the data for loading 180g FMJ/JHP. Use 11g Blue Dot, instead of 11.5, but I doubt it'd exceed SAAMI specs on a G20, if I was using 11.5g. 1295fps is what they have listed, btw. If you're near a Rural King, check the sporting goods dept. Rural King in Vincennes has Armscor 10mm 180g FMJ in 50 round boxes. Not sure of the price, though. Was looking for JHP, at the time.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    What does it mean when you say "full power" plinking ammo? Is that powerful loads, but not with a "self-defense" bullet? :confused:

To me, plinking means less than full power. I load plinking ammo for my son's 308 with 135gr spire points, with the velocity reduced. Shoot it all day.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    What does it mean when you say "full power" plinking ammo? Is that powerful loads, but not with a "self-defense" bullet? :confused:

To me, plinking means less than full power. I load plinking ammo for my son's 308 with 135gr spire points, with the velocity reduced. Shoot it all day.

^^^^^^^^^^ this.

I would consider Doubletap to be full powered plinking ammo because they certainly have lied about using quality SD bullets in their ammo in the past and they routinely grossly inflate their velocity claims, but I won't buy from Doubletap because of their questionable business ethics.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...5281-caution-if-you-have-10mm-double-tap.html

Most commercial 10mm non SD ammo is great for plinking given the above definition.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    I think you guys are trying to be confused, some folk like to shoot 38's out of their 357's for plinking, some still want to shoot the 357 they paid for. I am not looking for 10mm loaded to 40 velocity, looking for actual 10mm performace in an economy grade ammo. Just asking if anyone has seen any in their online travels, seems like their would be more than 2 suppliers of non Self Defense full power ammo. I usually get underwoods for $27 a box but maybe there is another guy out there with cheaper shipping or ammo for $26 a box. Google has failed me on this to much garbage results to sort through.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    I think you guys are trying to be confused, some folk like to shoot 38's out of their 357's for plinking, some still want to shoot the 357 they paid for. I am not looking for 10mm loaded to 40 velocity, looking for actual 10mm performace in an economy grade ammo. Just asking if anyone has seen any in their online travels, seems like their would be more than 2 suppliers of non Self Defense full power ammo. I usually get underwoods for $27 a box but maybe there is another guy out there with cheaper shipping or ammo for $26 a box. Google has failed me on this to much garbage results to sort through.

I don't because they only 10mm ammo I buy is what I carry in my EDC, so I go through a box of 20 every couple months. All of my plinking, hunting, and "push 10mm to the fullest" rounds are ones I've loaded.

You might give Profire a call and see if they will load custom "plinking" ammo for you. Andrew is pretty cool about working with folks for what they want.

Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    Its just 40 in long brass, 1050 or so fps. Looking more for some full power loading.

Load your own. I doubt you're going to find a 50 rd box of 10mm factory ammo that is going to give you the performance you're after and I don't want to pay $35-40 for 20 rd boxes of factory ammo, which is exactly why I load my own ammo.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Load your own. I doubt you're going to find a 50 rd box of 10mm factory ammo that is going to give you the performance you're after and I don't want to pay $35-40 for 20 rd boxes of factory ammo, which is exactly why I load my own ammo.

Damn. The last time I bought SD ammo for my 10mm, Hornady 180gr JHPs, they were $17 a box of 20. That was a few months ago. I have never paid more than around a buck a round for SD ammo for my 10mms, a price that has stayed remarkably stable over the years. Silvertips still run about $20 a box. Midway has SD ammo from reputable companies from $17 a box to $22 a box and while they are out of stock right now, they have gotten in regular shipments every couple weeks as I get notified when they come in.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    I am sure Buffalo bores ammo rocks, and at $1+ a round it ought to. My original question was looking for suppliers me and google might not no about for full power target/plinking loads. Was wondering if their was another company similar to Underwood I did not know about. DT got outragious on their stuff, and most big company's dumb theirs down quite a bit.
    Looking for full power under $30 per 50.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    I am sure Buffalo bores ammo rocks, and at $1+ a round it ought to. My original question was looking for suppliers me and google might not no about for full power target/plinking loads. Was wondering if their was another company similar to Underwood I did not know about. DT got outragious on their stuff, and most big company's dumb theirs down quite a bit.
    Looking for full power under $30 per 50.

Top Bottom