where are you watching the game tonight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    This was the view from my seat, didn't "watch" but did make some nice photos

0669d7c1bc3fcfdc32505266b1b66091_zpsy9kbihmq.jpg

Here's the post game view when I went up to the cat walk to retreave a few remote cameras

1d58201b3d9ef45736d1f08572bd9bf0_zpskid363ts.jpg

Very cool! Lots of cameras down on the floor last night.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Very cool! Lots of cameras down on the floor last night.

There were two of shooting on the floor, we each have three cameras in our hands and 9 remotes on the floor plus 4 remotes on the cat walk all connected with Ethernet so an editor could look at the images almost in real time.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    There were two of shooting on the floor, we each have three cameras in our hands and 9 remotes on the floor plus 4 remotes on the cat walk all connected with Ethernet so an editor could look at the images almost in real time.

Were you guys also doing the in game snap shots that were displayed on the big screen?

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Were you guys also doing the in game snap shots that were displayed on the big screen?

No. I hate that term that they used, snap shots, those were great photographs that took a lot of time to set up the remotes and get in the right spot for the photos, not casual snap shots

Those were the photographers from the NCAA including Rich Clarkson who last night covered his 60th final Four. He hope to be there next year but probably not shooting.

I work for for the largest wire services in the world.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    No. I hate that term that they used, snap shots, those were great photographs that took a lot of time to set up the remotes and get in the right spot for the photos, not casual snap shots

Those were the photographers from the NCAA including Rich Clarkson who last night covered his 60th final Four. He hope to be there next year but probably not shooting.

I work for for the largest wire services in the world.

Gotcha, and I agree...those were some excellent shots. Clearly not the result of a lucky snap shot, and definitely something that took skill and good equipment to pull off.

Not sure of the credentialing process you went through, but you may have worked with my sister, who works for the NCAA. Part of her role this year I think was credentials and VIP seating.

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Who do you work for? I wasn't on one of the teams assigned to do the sweep of the stadium this time.
    I wear multiple hats in the entertainment biz. I worked for cbs on the broadcast side of this show, and worked as a union rigger hanging the scoreboard and video walls prior to the show.

Slight thread jack; who's dog pooped in the hallway? I had a good chuckle over that... At least the carpet was still covered with plastic.

Hopefully we'll cross paths on some event in the future and I can thank you personally for the work you do...

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I wear multiple hats in the entertainment biz. I worked for cbs on the broadcast side of this show, and worked as a union rigger hanging the scoreboard and video walls prior to the show.

Slight thread jack; who's dog pooped in the hallway? I had a good chuckle over that... At least the carpet was still covered with plastic.

Hopefully we'll cross paths on some event in the future and I can thank you personally for the work you do...

You have an interesting job. Being not so much of a fan of heights I don't know if I could do it...

We have 3 K9 handlers whose dogs are known for pooping in LOS and Bankers Life. I'll have to find out who the handlers were.

We'll definitely have to put faces to names in the future.

Top Bottom