• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TK312

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Cicero
    Who do you guys frequent the most? Where are they located at the show? Is there a map of all the tables and who is stationed where?

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I think the guys at Bobcat Steel are awesome! Plus I hear the internet legend Que will be at the booth on Friday... They are located by the exit on the interior wall. Across the aisle from the candy coated nuts guys. If you hit ZX Guns you've gone too far.

There is no map available. We've bugged the show promoters for a blank one even and they will not give it out...not sure why. I guess you can always go to the show office and ask for the location of a certain vendor, but that would require you already know who it is you are looking for.

TK312

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Cicero
    Thanks for the reply. That is what I was afraid of. I'm sure the vendors are rarely in the same place every show, but once I go to more shows I should have a better idea where the best shops are.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Ill be located on the same wall as bobcat steel. Ill be about 10ft closer to the exit. Im always set up with bobcat steel, we have a summer and winter location.

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    There is no map available. We've bugged the show promoters for a blank one even and they will not give it out...not sure why. .

after the vendors set up. someone could make and print a map with selected vendors on it, INGO advertisers, the INGO table, restroom location, .......... and a small advert on the bottom.

hand them out or put it on a website for people to view or download before or during the show.

sounds a like a good INGO project.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    after the vendors set up. someone could make and print a map with selected vendors on it, INGO advertisers, the INGO table, restroom location, .......... and a small advert on the bottom.

hand them out or put it on a website for people to view or download before or during the show.

sounds a like a good INGO project.

Been tried. I plan on talking to the promoters at longer length this show.

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    what was the problem? you won't need show permission to do this.

I am not talking about a 100 percent coverage map. (not all 1500 tables with details)

I mean a sketch/schematic type of map.

for example: a schematic map with about twenty numbers located where twenty vendors are, and a legend to say who belongs to which number.

qDrVX.jpg

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Some vendors will not be in the same places due to the Coliseum remodel part of the north side is closed off so those people have been relocated to an more westerly portion of the building.

TK312

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Cicero

I am not talking about a 100 percent coverage map. (not all 1500 tables with details)

for example: a schematic map with about twenty numbers located where twenty vendors are, and a legend to say who belongs to which number.

qDrVX.jpg

Oh man, I gotta know where that kitten table is!:D

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    The prices on magic beans are gonna be nutz after that danged beanstalk incident. I'm surprised he will have any in stock after all the activity on BeanBroker.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Back to the OP's question - if you must go to this zoo, the best gun shop display will be Midwest Gun Exchange. Look for the hunter green table cloths. They're the only one there with gun inventory worth looking at. Definitely the only one worth paying the ridiculous parking and admittance fee for.

If you're looking for the best deals, stay right where you are and start typing. You won't find them at the 1500.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

qDrVX.jpg

I think its a great idea, but I know as a vendor there is no way I would have time in the rush to get myself set up to run around finding places, drawing a map, and making copys. It takes me every big of 3 hours to get set up. It would take at least a hour or so to find all the tables any make a map.

Like I said Its a wonderful idea, after every 1500 I get back to ingo and have messages saying "I couldnt find you", Im just not sure how the logistics would work. In the past we have tried to get a copy of the table layout from the show, then vendors can come and add themselves to the master list and keep that at the ingo table.

I will say most ingo vendors know where each other is set up so If you find one of us they should be able to direct you to the others

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    the best gun shop display will be Midwest Gun Exchange. Look for the hunter green table cloths. They're the only one there with gun inventory worth looking at.

I would agree that they usually have good inventory and marginally the best prices on high volume, common handguns. (M&Ps, Glocks, XDs.) However, they're not the only game in town... PSS Plainfield is usually nearly as large and the prices - if not the same - are seldom more than $10 higher on these common guns.

Midwest. I don't know if they still do it but when price checking in the past, take into account the # of mags. Midwest at least used to have a habit of selling new guns with only one mag. I don't know if they were getting discount distributor guns but these were guns that normally came with either two or three mags from the manufacturer.

It's a gun show. Don't do yourself a disservice and head straight to one big vendor and ignore the others. They may NOT be the best deal there.

Top Bottom