• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnwaynes44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Am I out line by suggesting that the 1911 .45 should have it's own category in this site? Is the best designed gun in the history of firearms not worthy of a section? This is only my second day, but I see a glaring hole in an otherwise very good site. Semper Fi

Last edited:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    This is not your typical site (many on the internet) where just one gun is previlant. We love all guns and try not to discreminate others for their likes-even if they're glock owners, lol.;)

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    This is not your typical site (many on the internet) where just one gun is previlant. We love all guns and try not to discreminate others for their likes-even if they're glock owners, lol.;)

There are glock owners here? scary...+1 for a 1911 area

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    hallelujah!
    IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1334-1.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I own a Glock and a 1911...and a Browning...Ruger...S&W...

Sometimes you miss things if you have to read through multiple categories - lumping everything in one forum for "handguns" seems to work for me.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I think the second note really summed it up. If we have a 1911 forum or a glock or a xxxxx forum I think there will be some good discussions missed. Don't get me wrong not all discussion's here are good LOL but even me with my vast expertise in all area's and with almost Omnipotent qualities find myself learning things from scanning all the posts headers instead of just jumping to an area with a very defined focus.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Sometimes you miss things if you have to read through multiple categories - lumping everything in one forum for "handguns" seems to work for me.

Regarding sub-dividing the forums:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...split_long_guns_into_multiple_categories.html

The current arrangement forces 1911 fans, Glock fans, XD fans, Hi-Point fans, and fans of everything else to live side-by-side in peace and harmony, and we have no plans to change. There are (allegedly) other gun-specific forums on the web if you need to limit yourselves to interacting with others with similar tastes. This is the INDIANA GUN OWNERS forum, and that's the common thing that binds us together, not love for a certain type of gun. :ingo:

My :twocents:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I always thought that a 1911 would be my very first and kept handgun. As of yet I've never been able to settle on the perfect one. So I'm on my 3rd pistol with only a 'reserved' spot in the safe.

But there's that black-stainless I've only seen pictures of that might fill the spot. I have to get into this house and cover all the ancillary costs - then I'm getting one. I see one for sale right now - but it might not be when I'm through with the move. I know I'll have money left over, as I always overbudget for things like this - anything I conserve is rightfully saved/earned play money.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Originally Posted by Shooter 521: The current arrangement forces 1911 fans, Glock fans, XD fans, Hi-Point fans, and fans of everything else to live side-by-side in peace and harmony, and we have no plans to change. There are (allegedly) other gun-specific forums on the web if you need to limit yourselves to interacting with others with similar tastes. This is the INDIANA GUN OWNERS forum, and that's the common thing that binds us together, not love for a certain type of gun.

Great two cents----Put mine in the pot too.
    INGO_flag.gif

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Forums that have sub-forums for specific makers tend to produce cliques. Posts will start appearing to the form of:

"What is a glock guy doing in the 1911 forum"

Or

"Go back to your own forum you 1911 troll."

INGO has a much better atmosphere. I would hate to see us go down that road.

Top Bottom