When you're browsing the classifieds for guns, which brands/ types do you ignore?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    This is a partial list;

Most striker fired guns
    Custom “builds”
    Most Taurus
    Hi Point
    Kahr
    Most old Mil Surp
    Most Shotguns
    Most 10/22s
    Most Savage
    Most Budget ARs
    Most Gucci ARs
    Most Gucci 1911s
    Most HK
    Anything in Non Standard or New Whizz Bang calibers

I say Most because I may look at something depending on what the ad says but usually won’t look at those items.

Reactions: Mij

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Sig products, parts bin ARs, anything that was obviously bought and stuck on a shelf to resell later.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Don't really ignore anything, but seems like:

AR 15 builds and Glocks are always about retail prices plus 20%

"Have $X in this build" - 125% of what it's actually worth

"Safe Queen" - posting for sale because to satisfy a spouse's demands to clean out the gun safe, but doesn't really want to sell it.

I also try to avoid people with Site Supporter status with postings only in classifieds, members within the last 6 months with 51 posts, and/or members for 20 years with 51 posts.

Also was said above, but I won't pay a higher price so that I don't have to fill out a 4473. I can pass a background check, thanks (insert ATF meme).
    Sheesh! Glad I'm oin your good side.

Gl*ks
    AK's
    heavily modified items

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    As said upthread, I am mostly "Wood+Steel" type of buyer.
    Except AR parts and Glocks?? HA.HA..
    Most all other imports I will pass on.
    I DO like my OLDER S&W's and Remingtons. Do NOT like Lock Holes, or plastic in these.
    I do NOT like MOST Lee loading tools.=Redding-Dillon+RCBS for me.

As it shows on my Feedback count, I do NOT pass on many things?? HA.HA....

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    It’s actually easier for me to list what I do like. It’s a much shorter list.

But here’s the short list of specific things I do ignore.

“WTT” ads… your Glock is not worth $850… just saying.
    Any ad with the word “Custom”. Stippling with a soldering iron and filling the slide font with paint… don’t… just stop. It ain’t custom.
    20% percent higher than retail price and then having the gall to tell me it’s more valuable cuz it’s a private sale.
    **** you… go fall in a hole.
    I like Colt, HK, Glock, SxS shotguns and Lever Actions.
    Don’t forget the LNIB except abc trigger, xyz, bbl. custom frame, qrf grips, ported slide, only fired 2 shots. Been in the safe for long time. + 20% over new cost. Ya, I want that one. :wallbash:

put the purple where you want it.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Forgot to mention I usually stop reading when I run into the following phrases;

Just testing the waters
    Want to see what’s out there
    I love my baby but
    Had a change in direction
    I have $xxx dollars what cha got
    I know what I have

And the absolutely worse thing to do is flash a wad of cash like a hood rat!

Luckily all of these aren’t seen on Ingo but most can apply to guns, cars, wheels, model kits or whatever…

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am a seller's worst nightmare.

I own, or have owned anything that caught my interest since 1974. Rifles, revolvers pistols, shotguns, reloading equipment, shooting accessories, etc. I look at what is new, and other than changing the shape of the molded plastics, not much is new, and not much is better.

When I was collecting S X S shotguns, I came home with a gun and found that model already in one of my safes. The one I already had was nicer than the one I bought that day. The collection was too big. (That was before I got married, financing a wife eliminates purchasing too many S X S guns)

Not a lot of new calibers are really much different. Remember the Winchester Short magnums (WSM), followed by the Winchester Super Short Magnums (WSSM)? They would say they are almost like a .300 Magnum. I already have a .300 Magnum.

Mostly, if I am looking for something, it is for a friend. "hey Leo, I am looking for a Beretta 9mm". I will be scanning the ads that next evening.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Any ad with the word “Custom”.
    That's about the only thing I ignore as a potential purchase, but I read every one of them. The glocks, 10/22s, and ARs that list out 42 different upgraded parts and tell me that "my investment in this set-up / package is a little under $13,000, so im looking to get at least that in trade" are just good reading. It's not my fault that you spent $450 on an aftermarket titanium takedown pin or $725 on a heavier spring! Put the original back in and maybe we'll talk.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom