When you are buying from Aszerigan aka Profire Arms and Supply you're buying ___

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I am not writing this at the request of anyone, but if I was asked I probably would have. That's how strongly I feel about supporting Andrew and Profire.

When you buy from a local business, more of your money stays in the community. It's a fact. I am not writing to bash Walmart, Mailordercousa, Amazon, eBay or anyone else.

Dealing with Andrew is like shopping in Small Town USA. For what you are getting his prices are awesome. I got the same stuff I could have gotten elsewhere for about the same price. Now I don't know about you, but I place a pretty high value on my hands. There is a ton of stuff I do with them on a daily basis from preparing breakfast, to picking up my kid, to loading the car, wiping my rear end, shaking hands (not in that order), typing, and beyond. Living without either of them would be pretty tough.

So where exactly am I going with this. When I have bought something at Walmart, Amazon, eBay etc. none of them ever took the time to teach me how to use the saw, the knife, the drill, of the bottle of Jack Daniels. Now if I got a DUI or cut my fingers off I wouldn't blame those retailers for not teaching me how to use the product. Who wants to live in the nanny state? Things are a wee bit different when reloading owing to the chemistry and physics of lead slinging.

I do credit Andrew for the very important role he has played in making sure I knew what the hell I was doing. Because he opened up his house, on a Saturday no less, I and countless others have 10 digits. Taking his course by no means guarantees you won't screw up and double charge or do something else which might cause you bodily harm, but it sure as heck reduces the risks taken when reloading to almost nill. So I just want to say thanks to Andrew for opening his home, teaching me the basics of reloading, the do's and don't's, the demonstration of the chemical reaction behind 0-1300fps, and teaching me how to make ammo that doesn't gunk up my toys as bad as the other guys ammo.

p.s. He even offered breakfast, I mean Neiman Marcus doesn't even do that.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    It's not just buying local. Andrew is a businessman, but more importantly he's given a lot to the shooting community and goes above and beyond to make sure people have what they need, not just what he has to sell at the time.

To me, that level of service, not business service, but community service, is almost nonexistent and is well worth preserving.

I was impressed with Andrew pretty much from the start of his business and Profire is one of the few business I will wholeheartedly endorse.

djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    Great guy

I am new to reloading and was having trouble with some dies I bought from a different local retailer. I took my dies, rifle and brass to Andrews shop. He dropped everything he was doing to help me with my problem and explained what was going on! I was a complete stranger who had never even dropped a dime in his store.

Since then I have made a few small purchases and plan to only shop at Profire for my reloading needs.

Thanks again Andrew.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I made my first trip to Profire today and was impressed with what I found. I initially went to take some of Andrews money by selling him some things, but ended up giving a majority of it back. His shop is a dangerous place for the impulsive shopper.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I buy almost all my reloading crack from him... mostly because I find his long hair tattoo combo very erotic, but he knows his crap and genuinely wants to help the reloader. He gave a free bottle of water to my whinning 5 yr old too so we could talk shop some more. Not a bad feller for a dude with long hair that drives a Dodge.... damn hippie.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I'm happy to pay a few dollars extra for the service he provides and for the idea of that service being around for the future. Too many things are only available at huge box stores or from online retailers. I like knowing if I suddenly find myself short a pound of powder or some magnum pistol primers, there is a guy 20 min's away who will have 'em on the shelf.

The fact that he's a decent human being adds a lot to the equation, for me personally.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    long hair tattoo combo very erotic, but he knows his crap and genuinely wants to help the reloader. He gave a free bottle of water to my whinning 5 yr old too so we could talk shop some more. Not a bad feller for a dude with long hair that drives a Dodge.... damn hippie.

ya i cant figure out why anyone would want long hair and tattoos:D

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    The only regret I have ever had when dealing with Andrew is that I don't have more money to spend at any given time! Mr. Hall is the very definition of class and integrity.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I had the pleasure of stopping by the Profire shop today. Anyone who handloads or reloads should stop by. This is the ONLY store in Indy that specializes in reloader supplies, offers competent advice, training and I even spotted some used equipment and steel targets. I guarantee you that what is offered there is simply not available at "larger" shops. :twocents:

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I wish I had the money to travel to Indy every time I needed supplies... the one time I dealt with Andrew was definitely worth it.

So how about a shop in Muncie? :D

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I am not writing this at the request of anyone, but if I was asked I probably would have. That's how strongly I feel about supporting Andrew and Profire.

When you buy from a local business, more of your money stays in the community. It's a fact. I am not writing to bash Walmart, Mailordercousa, Amazon, eBay or anyone else.

Dealing with Andrew is like shopping in Small Town USA. For what you are getting his prices are awesome. I got the same stuff I could have gotten elsewhere for about the same price. Now I don't know about you, but I place a pretty high value on my hands. There is a ton of stuff I do with them on a daily basis from preparing breakfast, to picking up my kid, to loading the car, wiping my rear end, shaking hands (not in that order), typing, and beyond. Living without either of them would be pretty tough.

So where exactly am I going with this. When I have bought something at Walmart, Amazon, eBay etc. none of them ever took the time to teach me how to use the saw, the knife, the drill, of the bottle of Jack Daniels. Now if I got a DUI or cut my fingers off I wouldn't blame those retailers for not teaching me how to use the product. Who wants to live in the nanny state? Things are a wee bit different when reloading owing to the chemistry and physics of lead slinging.

I do credit Andrew for the very important role he has played in making sure I knew what the hell I was doing. Because he opened up his house, on a Saturday no less, I and countless others have 10 digits. Taking his course by no means guarantees you won't screw up and double charge or do something else which might cause you bodily harm, but it sure as heck reduces the risks taken when reloading to almost nill. So I just want to say thanks to Andrew for opening his home, teaching me the basics of reloading, the do's and don't's, the demonstration of the chemical reaction behind 0-1300fps, and teaching me how to make ammo that doesn't gunk up my toys as bad as the other guys ammo.

p.s. He even offered breakfast, I mean Neiman Marcus doesn't even do that.

And he is kinda purdy too!:D

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    buying local in and of itself is a stupid concept. However if by buying local you get more than just the product, that value added concept makes it worth while. Far too many gun stores out there push one high profit gun or another. They offer mediocre advice based on what they like or what sells well. Andrew really knows his reloading stuff. He can answer questions and he can offer advice if you ask. He will generally tell you when its worth it to spend a few extra bucks and when it isnt. he is easy going, patient, knowledgeable, and above all he knows what he is doing. I'm glad guys like him are around. Any one with in an hour of indy who want to get into reloading would do well to take one of his courses, I can't wait till I have time.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    I buy almost all my reloading crack from him... mostly because I find his long hair tattoo combo very erotic, but he knows his crap and genuinely wants to help the reloader. He gave a free bottle of water to my whinning 5 yr old too so we could talk shop some more. Not a bad feller for a dude with long hair that drives a Dodge.... damn hippie.

not even gonna warrent a reply for this one, sorry matt.......daryll

Top Bottom