When was the last time you used a pay phone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    In 1998 or so I was driving around Atlanta, GA, as a contractor for Sprint PCS. My job was to verify that the power company had set our meter and that our equipment had power. I was supposed to call back to the office a couple times a day to tell them what I found, ask questions, etc. After a week of plopping down quarters I went and got my first cell phone, with Bellsouth Mobility because we were helping Sprint get their network launched. We had pretty decent coverage inside the interstate loop and then for 30-40 miles along the interstates outside the loop with around 500 towers when the network launched.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Airport in Jordan, 2009. Called my wife to let her know the snappy plane I hopped in Germany actually made it! Worse yet, that plane was luxury compared to the one I hopped from Jordan to Baghdad!

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Pretty frequent use when I'm in Jail, sometimes 2-3times a week.

My cell, knife and other potential dangerous items are confiscated
    when I'm inside and need to call out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    As an outside Contractor, non resident.

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    A couple times each month. I like to mess with caller ID systems. It is less of an issue than using my toss away phones...........

Blocking your phone number is not that effective. Most business lines or the gov can see who is calling.

i get people asking me why I'm calling from a pay phone

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Never used one in my life. :D

So many old people in this thread.

Who are you calling old? :):

Just because we can remember when you had to watch a rerun of Star Trek to see anything like that, that doesn't make us antiques!

Seriously, the last time I used a payphone was about 3 years ago in Evansville after discovering that I did not have my cell phone and had to call a truck stop in Cape Girardeau Missouri and had it confirmed that I did in fact leave it hanging on the hook in the restroom (I was very tired and afraid of dropping it in the john, so I hung it up while, well, patronizing the facilities).

Top Bottom