• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    That's cool. Unless the doors/covers wouldn't operate correctly for some reason be it power outage, mechanical failure, etc.. Then it'd be a glass-front house.

Still very cool though.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    As long as there is a mechanical means to open everything should power go out, that would be ok. The other thing I see as a problem is that of water run off. They really should do something to get the water away from the foundation. It's pretty green around it so it obviously does rain there enough to consider this an important issue. It may take a while for it to become a problem, but the idea of a building such as this is for it to be long term if need be.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Also, I'd be curious to see what materials are in those walls. For weight concerns, I doubt it's solid steel. Likely to be layered, but with what and how so? That will play a significant role in what it will actually stand up to.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I can see one very large week spot

05-Time-to-open-up.jpg

Right there ^^^ do you see it?

Somone please correct me if I am wrong but I don't think a corrugated garage door would hold up to "any and all attacks" as the article claims. Maybe I missed the part where is says it is made from a kryptonite/unobtainium alloy but I would think this could be a potential entry point. Especially since the wall behind it is glass.

Still a cool house and all but I bet it is anything but unbreachable for an experienced team of pros.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Pretty slick. Seems to be surrounded by a tall concrete wall? If it has its own water, food, and sanitation sources (which it does not appear to), then it would be a modern-day fortress.

Anyone have map coordinates or an address?
    Getting closer: Warsaw, Poland.
    Imposing Concrete Residence in Warsaw: Safe House

From the designer:
    safe house | KWK PROMES
    kwk promes: safe house

And with a map!
    Safe House / KWK Promes | ArchDaily
    But not to the house..... :-(

FOUND IT:
    https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&so...7319,21.147504&spn=0.001051,0.002403&t=h&z=19

They need to wall in more of the property for protected gardens, at the very least.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No fencing? I want fencing.

I want a cupola on top too.

Cupola, 360 FoF, range cards, range stakes, and I guess we could string wire and dig when zombies do come.

I want a couple of M240B posititions too.:D

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You know what I see?

First: Panel hinges on the outside of the building.

Second: 3' x 5' pattern in the concrete.

The first point tells me where to attack if I want to disable or remove any given moving panel.

The second point makes me wonder, "Just how thick is the concrete in those panels?" Would those walls actually stop a .50 BMG? How about concerted fire from same? I could build you something that looks just like that but that could be pierced front to back by a .22LR.

Shop DUROCK Brand 1/2-in x 3-ft x 5-ft Cement Board at Lowes.com

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You can see the "shutter" thickness is several pictures. They claim to be made of the same material as the rest of the wall. Looks to be somewhere in the vicinity of 18" or more thick. Concentrated .50 BMG fire? Probably not, after a couple of magazine changes. Other small arms fire? Probably pretty impervious. Depleted Uranium from a rifled tank barrel? Would make a nice "thud" as the round passed through.

That roll-up door is the weakest link by far. Anodized Aluminum. Won't stop ANY caliber, can be cut easily, and you could likely drive a decent truck right through. At least needs a decent fence/moat/tank-trap to keep folks back from the door. Strategically placed concrete wall/pillars could prevent direct line-of-sight from outside the property's wall. From what I can tell, at least that wall faces away from the road and towards the deepest part of the property.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    They have the right idea. Why is it that some many foreign building are futuristic looking and most any new building the US looks like it was built ten years ago?

Top Bottom