• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HFDowner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    Been thinking about getting AR for several years. I have a buddy who shoots some competition. Went to gun shop the week before Sandy Hook, but did not buy. Wish I had a crystal ball. I will be looking for a basic AR at the show that I might be able to upgrade components later. Not sure if that will happen at a reasonalbe price I have been told to stick with Bushmaster or Colt.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    I would like to go there on Friday but I'll have my 2yr old with me and I have a feeling it's to going to be too crowded for me to feel comfortable trying to corral my son and look at the same time. I'm just looking for a 22 pistol but not sure what I want yet or anything else if the price is right.

WOW! If you take a 2 year old there, you're a braver, smarter, tougher, patient, level-headed and probably better looking guy than I am. I surrender the crown to you...lol

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I would like to go there on Friday but I'll have my 2yr old with me and I have a feeling it's to going to be too crowded for me to feel comfortable trying to corral my son and look at the same time. I'm just looking for a 22 pistol but not sure what I want yet or anything else if the price is right.

Do the kid a favor and leave him home....

daedrian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I get paid on Wednesday so I'll be there on Saturday. I want to be there for the Rally also. God Bless American for which She Stands........

Isn't there supposed to be a national march at the capital building also? Maybe everyone just needs to decide on one instead of having two separate ones.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    HFDowner, if your lucky you might find an AR. I could also recommend the Windham Weaponry, these are the folks who used to make Bushmaster before they sold the name a few years ago. They have come back with the new name above. Quality piece of craftsmanship, in my opinion.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012

There's no shortage of worthless parents in the world. Don't be one of them. Leave the kid at home.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    My guess is it will be a "mad house"; even the show last August had a line around 3 sides of the building @ 3:00 (yes, some shows you can just walk in at 2:30, but I doubt this one). Also remember, there are several other big shows going this weekend, so parking will be "a bear". Just my2-cents. -- Greg/Grizhicks

familyevents

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    Greenwood
    Is there a limit to how many tickets they can sell per the fire marshal?

Or does that not even apply in scenarios like this?

Yes the fire marshall will limit the number in, a couple years back on Saturday there, they were letting in the number that was coming out.

IndyKiller82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Avon, IN
    Thinking of showing up at noon to get my place in line. Not really looking forward to it but I feel it is necessary to restock especially after King Obama's speech today.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    Wow...and I thought getting there between 1230 and 1 would be plenty early...sounds like my buddies and I may be waaay on back in line!

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Parking will be impossible all 3 days, due both to the 1500 and several other popular events running at the same time.

If I were stupid-enough to go, I would avoid getting in the line to park on the grounds and would instead park in the overflow lot South of 38th Street. It will end-up being a shorter walk to the building.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Why dont they rent another building or something? expand into more buildings? even without this madness it so busy in there you cant move around.

Top Bottom