When Does Availability and Upward Prices Begin?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    64   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I have been stocking up for over 2 years now, but who is to say if the hillary gets in they won't go to all suppliers to review receipts then go and confiscate all reloading and firearms components. My boat could only hold so much before it sank:draw:

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Seems someone here in Lawrenceburg started early. The handgun ammo side of the shelf at Wally Word had been picked over pretty good. I grabbed a couple hundred rounds of 9mm while I could. Pretty much all the 50 round boxes were gone, but they had several 100 round bulk packs.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Midway is limiting sales. I have put a few ARs together recently and wanted a few more pin kits and lower piece kits and they threw up a flag on me.
    Went to brownells...all in stock, already shipped and the order was less than the midway order for the same parts.

If you have it in stock then sell it to those who ask for it.
    Agree totally, but, try to buy 4 BCM, DD, or Colt rifles right now? That's even with a "big" dealer, with decent allocations!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Pistol ammo shoppers, check Meijer. They have had good prices and sometimes plenty on the shelf. At one time, some of them had limits while others didn't. Southport Rd store limited sales to two boxes of each caliber. Greenwood, on 135, had no limit. The wife just about cleaned them out last year. Yeah, I was surprised to find pistol ammo at Meijer also.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Got email notification on stripped Spikes Crusader w/ Engraving, so ordered 2. Those + 2-INGO lowers soonish.

Going to order some LPKs & spare parts post cc recycle. Maybe some ammo too.

Just got notification my name is up on list for SP5K, going to be an expensive month.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Don't fan the flames! Do you want us swimming in flippers again?

We still can't go to Walmart to pick up a couple bricks on the way to the range. :xmad:

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    I really dont get these questions. Buy or dont. I got boned the last go around. Bought my first gun (2013) bc I dont like being told what to do by the .gov. and got bit hard. I am significantly more prepared this go around and STILL feel underprepared.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I was at Walmart today buying some .223. There was a guy looking in the ammo cabinet when the employee was getting my ammo, and the guy asked what ammo I was buying, to which I said it was .223. He asked if it was shotgun ammo :n00b: to which I replied it was rifle. He immediately asked the employee to grab him some of those boxes :scratch: Clearly he doesn't know what it is if he asked if .223 was for a shotgun, but bought some anyway. My only guess is he is stocking up to resell after the election.

Edit: By the way, it was $6.44 a box of American Eagle 55gr FMJ 20rd if anyone was interested. (96th street Walmart)

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Count me among those who are concerned about what will happen with Hillary Clinton as President. Yes, I'm sure she will push anti-gun legislation. More important, though, are the Supreme Court and federal judge appointments she will make.

Remember that the Senate has to approve those appointments. Right now, the Senate is 54-44-2 Republican-Democrat-Independent so the Senate Republicans can drag their feet about acting on the President's appointments because they have the majority. But, what about next year? There are 34 Senate elections going on around the country this fall. A Google search will yield several web sites that talk about the Senate races and make predictions about the outcome. One web site I found predicts that the new Senate will be 50-48-2 Rep-Dem-Ind. Another web site predicts 44-45-2 with 11 races too close to call. Control of the Senate is just as important as who gets into the White House and that control very easily could swing to the Democrats. Hillary in The White House and a Democrat-controlled Senate will very likely mean increased gun control legislation and possibly a full assault on the 2nd Amendment.

Bottom line, I don't care who gets your vote for President. Sadly, it's not likely to matter. Indiana rarely plays a role in the Presidential election which is why you haven't seen Clinton or Trump campaigning here very much. But, what does matter is who gets your vote for Senate. Do your research and make sure you vote for the candidate who you believe will best represent your interests.

As for what happens to the firearms market over the next few months, if you are just now asking that question, you are probably already behind the curve.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Well...gosh darn darn. I was feeling pretty prepared and stocked up until I read this thread. I can foresee an evening of ammo/mags/lpk's in my future. Darn you INGO!

Top Bottom