• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    When does the rut usually start? I was under the impression that it was right in the beginning to middle of November. Is this correct? I'm starting to get a little cabin fever just thinking about the upcoming season.

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I was in the woods last night and saw a small buck following a couple of does. He wasn't going after them, just following them. I would say it will be here soon. He let out a couple of grunts but they ignored him. Happy hunting!

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    I know the DNR usually tries to plan the start of shotgun season around the start of the rut, or at least they used to, but to me, it seems like it's usually a week or so earlier. I have only been out once this year, last Saturday, and only saw a couple does, no bucks. So I don't know for sure but I'm going out again this weekend. I hope the bucks will be a little more active. Just thinking about this has got me excited about going out this weekend so happy hunting to all.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I know hunters that have always taken the last week of October or first week of November for work vacations to hunt the Indiana rut(bow season) BUT, I will tell you MY experience is the "DRUM ROLL PLEASE" last week of November is when the Bucks are really nutty (no pun intended) I attribute this little known or talked about fact to most hunters (in Indiana)are done by then due to the TEMPERATURE or they have bagged a deer by then? The Biologist from the DNR are pretty darned close with the 2nd week being the start but try to hunt with conviction from the 17th to the 30th of November!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    When does the rut usually start? I was under the impression that it was right in the beginning to middle of November. Is this correct? I'm starting to get a little cabin fever just thinking about the upcoming season.

Same time it does every year give or take a week. The first two to the middle two weeks of November are the absolute best two weeks of deer hunting ever year.

Top Bottom