• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Like the title says when and also why. I have found myself in this area a lot and it has helped me get my preps going for this scenario. So now I am just wonderin what the rest of :ingo: thinks on when and why, as for me I think it will happen in the next 6-8 years due to the collapse of the financial system. So lets hear what y'all think

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    We'll be lucky if it(financial collapse) doesn't happen in the next 6-8 MONTHS! I hope not, of course. The recent earthquakes really worries me, NO way to predict them. Can you imagine having prepped to the nth degree to see where most of your food is swallowed up in a mound of rubble! I honestly have no idea WHEN the SHTF.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nobody can say for sure.
    I'm not so sure that it hasn't already begun and will be a slow decent over another decade and a half.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    it may be withing the next 5-10 years but the next couple of years will dictate that. it will most likely be cause by a financial downfall but i would be willing to bet that bin laden may have a trick up his sleeve and if another terrorist attack were to happen i think there is so much paranoia now that it goes down pretty quickly. so, that being said my guess is 8-10 years caused by a terrorist attack(or multiple attacks sequencially). MAY GOD HELP US! be safe

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    It is not going to be a BOOM SHTF in my opinion, I believe we are already to a point where it is happening. You have to remember the sheep will grow accustomed to it and it will never seem any different to most. It is those of us who are awake that notice it.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Maybe this will help with your preps.

You need to think that it could happen at any time. You have to know that you will never be completely ready for it. If you prepped everything there is to think of, you will still not be completely comfortable as in the way life was before. Plan for the worst, hope for the best. And be assured that you will be 100 times better off than 95% of the population.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    This is not so much for help with my preps, I'm just wondering what timeline people here think. Its just a curious question of mine of seeing what your thoughts are.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I dont think we can realistically expect any major SHTF event inside of 30 years from now.

Although, I wouldnt be all that surprised if something major happend in another 10-20 years.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Maybe this will help with your preps.

You need to think that it could happen at any time. You have to know that you will never be completely ready for it. If you prepped everything there is to think of, you will still not be completely comfortable as in the way life was before. Plan for the worst, hope for the best. And be assured that you will be 100 times better off than 95% of the population.

I agree with you 100% ! :) It is not just a mater of being prepared for SHTF for me.It has changed how I live.I now have a desire to be self sufficient.I am no longer content to be just another consumer.I am not to the point of being totally self sufficient,but it is not an impossible goal.

That said I give the US dollar 1 year or so before hyperinflation,from there things will only go down hill.If they pass another "bail out" bill(or many small ones the sheeple will swallow more easily)cut that time frame in half.So in short plan on giving food as Christmas gifts this year(or maybe tp lol)and hope we can all live through change :rolleyes:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If the unemployment checks don't get extended for a million people, well crime will undoubtable go up. So we'll see a sneak peak up north and those places.

I'm not saying that they should or shouldn't be extended - it going to dry up sometime.

Top Bottom