• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glocktime855

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    muncie
    well i want to get my wife a 19 but i came acrossed a glcok 19c!! i have never shot a one before, but i have been told you get alot of blow back in your face when shooting the pistol??? anyone have or had one what is your thoughts. It is a 2 pin but it look like it has rarly see the range, basically no wear on barrel!! the price is right, so help me out guys

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I have a 23c. I don't have a problem with the porting, some folks do. Some folk warn of the dangers of touching off a ported handgun in close proximity to your face, but that seems to be more of a common sense thing. I try not to discharge ANY firearm around my face and eyes.

Some will tell you it will mess up your "night vision" if you fire it after sunset. I fired mine a few times at night, and the flash did not bother me or my vision . That being said, I very rarely shoot without the luxury of daylight. Your experience may differ. You can always put a non "C" barrel into your GLOCK, especially if you get it for a great price......

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Lafayette
    I like the gun for range shooting and basic fun but as far as self defense, "I'm no expert" not for home defense imo. If needed at night or a low light situation the muzzle flash alone would be terrible. A buddy of mine had one and it was like a big fire ball, kind of like the guys who think they need a 10,000 lumen flashlight and then they get white washed every time they use it. That's just my 2 cents take it how you will. For fun sure go for it, HD no go for me. I think I remember a while back I don't know if its still the same now but I think the military says that it takes 15 minutes for eyes to read adjust back to the dark after being exposed to the light and if every time you should there's a ball of fire, probably the best bet AGAIN "JUST MY 2 CENTS!!!" This may not be the case in all ammunitions so maybe try a few and see what you get. I have 2 GLOCKS and absolutely love them and would trust my life with them but I have never had a "C" but a buddy did and that's just my experiences with his particular situation.

Last edited:

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    My 32c is my night stand gun, mainly because I can point shoot it well, the flash from the ports has never bothered me. It is loud, I think that would affect me more than the flash. I've got several barrels in .357, .40 and 9MM ported and non, if you get a C Glock you can always get a aftermarket barrel.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    if it was a choice of ported gun or no gun then yes it is fine and true in most cases porting isnt a problem. Personal opinion why bother on a glock? They are fine without the holes and I see no benefit. My 454 casull is ported and I see the purpose but in a Glock? no need= not worth any potential issues.

glocktime855

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    muncie
    its not a night stand gun and it not for me i carry either 35 or 22 for main and 27. This is again for my wife bought her a 27, that didn't turn out good it hurt her hands but she loves shooting my 22 so i figured ill step in down to 9mm and and go mid size. This will be her day to day carry!! i really forgot all about i could get a non ported barrel! thanks fellas :):

100Xkid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    kokomo area
    for a lady shooter i dont think i would do it. I had a 19c and before i knew you should not use lead bullets i had a crap load of blow back. i spent hours cleaning the barrel and still was not comfortable with it and replaced the barrel. just my 2 cents

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think you need to tell me where this gun is and let me purchase it for a very low price to keep you from making a mistake.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    I have a 17C and can say that they are louder and have blowback of burnt powder. I bought a lone wolf barrel for it to run reloads. If had it to do over again I would still purchase it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    My thoughts on just about any compensated gun short of a 50 BMG = :noway::noway:.

is this intended to be a defensive piece? If so, are you comfortable shooting it from a retention position? I would not be.

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Get the gun at a good price. Get another barrel then you have the best of both worlds. I love my 19C and have no problem with it. As long as she is comfortable with shooting a semi auto anyway I don't see what the problem would be. If it is her first gun well ???? You could get her a wheel gun and the 19C.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I've "heard" that the ported barrels decreases bullet velocity. Knowing that, I would not use a C model as a defensive carry handgun. I see no problem using one for range time.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Shot mine today for the first time and loved it! It may see some carry duty but is mainly going to be used for night stand duty. I have the Glock 19c

Top Bottom