• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    10 Bucks???? dude kept the holster for 10 Bucks? Now I can understand if it was $20, but dammit man 10 Bucks?

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Depends on when you told the guy you were short $10. Did you tell him before and he still agree to sell you everything but the holster and hold it for a day. If you told him at the meeting then technically you reniged on the deal.

Also JetGirl has a good point about the number of post the seller had. I'm surprised you did this. :rolleyes:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's how it goes sometimes I guess when you have people not willing to follow through and honor their agreements.

I have had first hand experience with this when a buyer that made a firm verbal commitment ended up backing out of the deal halfway through after they decided to buy something else instead.

The kicker is that they actually had the gall to call me butthurt because I let them know in so many words that I was pissed about the way it went down and called their character in to question.

That one deal made me change the way I conduct transactions when I put something up in the classifieds.

There is a reason you are better off making a deal in most cases with a member that has a more established history.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If this was just an agreement between the two of you then there's not much you can do except tell him you think he was unfair and probably won't be dealing with him again in the future.

On the other hand, if this was an official auction, say on a website like Gunbroker.com, then he's contracturally obligated to live up to his end of the deal as long as you came up with the money within the specfied time frame.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Yes, they do matter.
    The owner of the site has placed a "50 count" rule in order to buy/sell/trade here.
    The OP disregarded the rule and so did the seller.

It's Fenway's rule and you're in his house.

Granted, I'm a newbie. And I know this is too late since it's already happened but I think all person to person transactions should be all or nothing.

If you agree to the sale, get there and the product either isn't as described or the money's not all there then walk away.

When you come up with transaction modifications on the spot you're just asking for trouble....Just my $.02

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If there was a deal with any member with less than 50 posts then no iTrader feedback can be left which may suck for one or both of you. We remove all iTrader feedback for and from users with less than 50 posts if we see them/they are reported. There should be no transactions with any member with less than 50 posts and if you deal with them it's on you. I am just now reading it so it will be removed, per our rules.

I'm disappointed that you made this transaction knowing the rules and then posted about it when it went bad.

We've upped the rules to 50 quality posts to participate in the classifieds so you members can get a feel for the person you are doing business with. Yes, we understand they can just pay site supporter fee and participate but that too is up to you on whether you want to deal with them.

1) If you did deal with someone with less than 50 posts, shame on you and nothing can be done (no itrader)
    2) If this was a legitimate deal initiated and completed on INGO then give a negative rating on iTrader. Each person has their opportunity to a rebuttal and members can read for themselves and decide if they want to do business with either one of you.
    3) If this was started somewhere and finished on INGO then it's not an INGO deal. This has occurred more than once already from others. You can not leave negative feedback for something initiated somewhere else.

chtheo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    To the OP.... what he did is no different then you showing up 10 bucks short. Neither of you stood up to your part of the bargain.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    The 10 bucks was discussed prior to meeting and was agreed I could give money the next day... Very Different. my end was a prior deal Im short this much, His was a sure Im gonna rip you off.

Last edited by a moderator:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've delt with that guy before.......all I can say is nope! He's been on my spam/ blocked list for awhile.....

He has less than 50 posts. Why are you dealing with him and also mentioning that you are breaking the rules?

UncleNorby

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Near South Bend, IN
    I don't know the details, but it sounds like a deal was made and the buyer came to the table light. That's a deal breaker. But then a new deal was struck, and this time the seller broke the deal.

If it were me, I'd have asked the seller to wait another day until I had the agreed upon price in full, then done the deal.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The 10 bucks was discussed prior to meeting and was agreed I could give money the next day...

I've delt with that guy before........
    eyes_finder_pointing_down1.gif

He has less than 50 posts. Why are you dealing with him and also mentioning that you are breaking the rules?

spasmo said:
    If there was a deal with any member with less than 50 posts then no iTrader feedback can be left

If it were me, I'd have asked the seller to wait another day until I had the agreed upon price in full, then done the deal.

Leave bad feedback so the rest of us know not to deal with him.:xmad:

scrollup.jpg

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks JetGirl.. :) I'm pretty sure most people read the original post and that's about it. hehe

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    In addition to the <50 posts rule, here are a couple of thoughts:

1) When dealing with online transactions (meeting FTF or not), I never take someone at "their word".

2) Two different days = two different transactions. Never hand over the money before you get the goods.

While what the seller did was shady, the OP set himself up to get taken advantage of.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom