What's your preference? SA, SA/DA, or DA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    Are we talking about defensive shooting or fun shooting. Defense requires different criteria than fun.
    Quote - DA is an arduous journey, but with great rewards.

Hair trigger SA is awesome for bullseye. Never for defense.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've never liked the DA, then SA thereafter pistol design...that being said, that doesn't mean I don't like that particular pistol. For example, I do like the Sig Sauer P-220...I just don't like the first DA shot followed by SA thereafter. In SA mode...the Sig P-220 is one of the more enjoyable pistols to shoot...phenomenal quality, accurate, etc.

I do, however, prefer the Glock Safe-Action triggers...they're the same every time, which is what I like. My EDC is a Glock 36 .45 acp single-stack pistol...it does for me what I want a pistol to do in a frame size and grip that works for me!

While I practice shooting revolvers in DA mode occasionally, I prefer to shoot them in SA mode most of the time...it's more accurate, the shot is more calculated, etc. I simply prefer to shoot revolvers that way!

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I have found in a recent test i seem to be more accurate in da. I have no idea why but my groups are smaller this way. Maybe its god telling me to get a revolver.
    Lord, i hear you. I am heading to budsgunshop.com right now.

cgraydotcom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2014
    Warsaw
    Are we talking about defensive shooting or fun shooting. Defense requires different criteria than fun.
    Quote - DA is an arduous journey, but with great rewards.

Hair trigger SA is awesome for bullseye. Never for defense.

That is an excellent point. I am currently shooting for fun, but once I am experienced, intend to cross over to defense. I went a lot of years without a defense weapon, and don't think that just because I purchased one that it automatically becomes a defense mechanism. All of my units are locked in my safe, and won't be transferred to my nightstand until I am knowledgeable in their function. And that's several thousand rounds from now.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have found in a recent test i seem to be more accurate in da. I have no idea why but my groups are smaller this way. Maybe its god telling me to get a revolver.
    Lord, i hear you. I am heading to budsgunshop.com right now.

Probably getting a surprise break and not shoving the gun in anticipation.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    In any semi auto pistol - single action only. DA on a semi auto is just like **** on a boar. In a revolver - DA only. Cuz it's the fastest way.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If I decide to no longer be a guy, can I skip the annual turn your head and cough and ahem prostate exams?

Yeah but the "other annual" might be quite a bit more uncomfortable.......you know.......that whole speculum thing......

Then there is the mammograms.

I'll stick (sic) with the finger.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    In any semi auto pistol - single action only. DA on a semi auto is just like **** on a boar. In a revolver - DA only. Cuz it's the fastest way.

Only if you want to totally sacrifice second strike capability, or if you don't have a problem with some people (not you, but not everyone is you) having a NG because of an overly light trigger pull.

Top Bottom