• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just wanted some ideas on ammo. What's a good brand for a G22?

I have some Federal HydroShock 135 Grain. But I was under the impression that that kind of ammo was better for the G27; less recoil. What's your opinion?

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I use Federal 147gr HST in 9mm. Do a search on here and you will find a couple threads on it. It is some nice stuff. It's cheaper and performs a lot better than Hydrashoks.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I use a Federal "LEO Only" 155gr JPG for my Kahr CW-40. Recoil is MUCH worse than it is with 180gr ammunition.

-J-

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I always used 180 grain Hydroshocks. Always reliable and pretty darn accurate. I dropped a opossum at over 50 yards with one shot from my 22. It helped that I shot a few carry loads at 50 and 100 yards that day, but those around seeing it down didn't know that. :rockwoot:

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    With the longer barrel you can get the most out of the mid-heavy weight 40 cal rounds. 165gr seems to be the ticket for most-good balance of velocity and penetration with exceptional expansion. Remington Golden Sabers (bonded preferred), Speer Gold Dots, Federal HSTs and Winchester Rangers are all very good rounds and used by many Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs).

I have shot the 165gr Gold Dots and Golden Sabers (both bonded and non) and all have been very reliable and accurate.

Top Bottom