• ...and so much more!
  • teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    Information Technology

Started writing software code decades ago, got an education (Bachelors and Grad work) that had nothing to do with that..so I have spent past 15 years in various roles in technology.
    -different IT positions/roles working for large corporation (aka 'the man'--of which the oldest computer I worked on was a PDP-8)
    -University/College prof for Computer Science in my 20's (and contributing author)
    -contract dev and training for colleges, get-smart-fast cert centers (and speaking at tech conferences)
    -independent consultant and auditing for corporate IT depts and companies without IT. (what I have done for past few years)

If it runs on electricity, I probably can work on it or make it do fun things it isn't supposed to.
    I have had some surreal moments in work, like on gaming consoles. Setup a reverse logistics line and ended up processing hundreds of xboxes and playstations (a week) in the basement of my old house.

Thinking about going back for a Law degree and attempt to pass the BAR..could use some insight for that one.

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    CAn I ask what project your working on, I do love north dakota ( the landscape, little else)

I am working on the GRE Power plant in Spiritwood, ND.
    And I agree the landscape is beautiful, if not the temp and weather.:): I mean it's May and Snowing.:n00b: But at least the people up here are really friendly.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    Worked for the city of Franklin, street dept for 23 years till june of 2009. Was fired because I was injured in a work related accident and because of this injury have a limited disability, so the Mayor said "the city at this time does not have a position available for a person with a disability so good bye and thank you for 23 years.
    I served as the licensed applicator for mosquito and weed control and was the supervisor for 5 years.
    Now though Iam a full time servant of my community in the position of Fire Chief at the local volunteer fire dept. and loving every minute of it!

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I am the sales manager for Clean Fuels National. We clean fuel tanks for all the major gas companies as well as hospitals, airports, government agencies, ect...., anyone that has above or below ground fuel tanks. I am a retired law enforcement officer and and retired as sheriff of Wells County, IN.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    swimming pool guru. i build them, clean them, fix them, rehab them, and tear them out when they need it. also a husband and father of 3, i guess that's my main job.

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    I own { or maybe it owns me } a custom cabinet and millwork shop.

Grabill, Indiana ? ?

I was a carpenter/welder/cement/electrical/machinist/home-builder/ etc....for a general contractor....

Now work at a small, family-owned and operated address printing company that does bulk mailings for variety of customers....I install and maintain the equipment , also....been there for way too long- 30 years....good pay, too good to leave, no benefits in reality.

Ahhhh, well, maybe the giant meteor will crash down soon, and relieve all of us....

I am out.....;)

Top Bottom