• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I hear you, but I came up with a solution to that problem.

Fred+Garvin+2.jpg
    :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    I am fortunate enough right now to say that I have two in the works. Only down side is the time frame that is needed to get them done. I am building myself an all-out custom 2011 for USPSA limited division. I am also ordering the parts right now for a new all-out custom 1911 for USPSA single-stack division.

Andy Cree

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'm weighing the various single-stack 9mm options. I've been carrying a .380 daily for seven years now, but my wardrobe has recently changed, and so I think I'm ready to add something slightly bigger.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm weighing the various single-stack 9mm options. I've been carrying a .380 daily for seven years now, but my wardrobe has recently changed, and so I think I'm ready to add something slightly bigger.

I'm still very happy with my Shield. I put the full Apex trigger kit in it and some Ameriglo sights on it. I have never had a malfunction(knock on wood) and recoil is not an issue. When I go to the range I usually put 30 or so rounds through it just to keep it fresh.

I now carry it OWB since I could not get used to IWB but I still conceal it quite easily.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Keep in mind how opinions work! But right now in the single stack market my vote goes towards the S&W Shield and Walther PPS. Lot of good choices but those two have become my leading choices.

TheMachine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I shot a shield 9 at Indy Arms Co yesterday, was very nice. How is it for pocket carry? Looking at it, LC9S, and G43, the Glock and Ruger seem a bit "smoother" and I'm wondering if they'd be better?

Also I've seen a few internet deals for a Canik TP9sf for under $300, really tempting...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I shot a shield 9 at Indy Arms Co yesterday, was very nice. How is it for pocket carry? Looking at it, LC9S, and G43, the Glock and Ruger seem a bit "smoother" and I'm wondering if they'd be better?

Also I've seen a few internet deals for a Canik TP9sf for under $300, really tempting...

I can't imagine stuffing a Shield in my pocket. But then again the only items that go in my pockets are a money clip and chapstick. And if I'm not wearing a jacket my car key and house key.

TheMachine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That was my though, and I don't wear that tight of jeans/pants. But the sales guys told me it would be no problem (of course). But I feel like pocket carry is pretty much my only option at work where I have to dress business casual.

Would I be better off with an LCP or similar DAO snubby?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    That was my though, and I don't wear that tight of jeans/pants. But the sales guys told me it would be no problem (of course). But I feel like pocket carry is pretty much my only option at work where I have to dress business casual.

That's the situation I've been in. When a tucked-in shirt is required, and concealment is necessary, micro .380 in the pocket is the option I settled on. (I have the Keltec, but the LCP is the same thing.)

Further up the thread, I have narrowed my choice down mostly to the Shield (which I have had a chance to try, as two family members carry them) and the PPS. I really like the PPS in concept, so I'm still looking for an opportunity to see if I like it in reality.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

My brother carries a LCR. He says it's the weight that makes it so nice to carry. However, he still carries it in an OWB holster.

Before I switched to OWB I used a N82 IWB holster. I could tuck in my shirt around it and no one knew I was carrying. Now we are going from business casual to allowing nice jeans and nice untucked shirts which makes it easier to carry.

Except that we have a company policy against firearms at work or in our company cars.:(

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That's the situation I've been in. When a tucked-in shirt is required, and concealment is necessary, micro .380 in the pocket is the option I settled on. (I have the Keltec, but the LCP is the same thing.)

Further up the thread, I have narrowed my choice down mostly to the Shield (which I have had a chance to try, as two family members carry them) and the PPS. I really like the PPS in concept, so I'm still looking for an opportunity to see if I like it in reality.

I bought my Shield when I owned a full size M&P thinking that it would keep some continuity among pistols. But I ended up selling the full size. I'm keeping my Shield but if I hadn't owned the full size at the time, I would have highly considered the PPS. I like Walther's.

Top Bottom