• ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    EvilKidsMeal said:
    I would also like a compact 9mm to fill the size/caliber gap between my Ruger LCP and Glock 23. I was looking at some of the Kahr offerings for this role, or an M&P Shield w/o safety.

You should also check out the Glock 43 while you're at it. Very similar insize to the Shield except the grip is somewhat shorter in length and the slide length is slightly shorter as well.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Saw a Kimber Micro this past weekend. Nice size and feel and would make a nice BUG to go with my Kimber Ultra CDP II. I swore I would never carry another .380 but I might have to rethink my strategy. All I need to do now is sell my Sig P938 to afford it.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    The real question is, how many guns is enough? Between guns and ammo, some of the family says that part of the house looks a gun shop. I have a Ruger GP100 .357 magnum ss with a three inch barrel on the way. Why? It is big enough to fit my hand and todays S&W seems to be off quality wise. I'm also not inclined to carry a little gun or drive a little car. My EDC is a Glock 23 gen 2 with Pearce magazine extensions (no added rounds) so I can now get a full grip on it. My hands a big and my little finger only gets halfway on with a regular magazine.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    x2, I think you'll be very happy with it! Love mine, and honestly, there isn't another 1911 I can get interested in after having and shooting the V-Bob. Did you order a stainless?

Yes it's the stainless version. Actually I got it used online. It's got some carry marks but it's gonna be my do-everything gun so I didn't care. Bought, shipped, and transferred for $975. How could I say no to that?!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    After shooting my GP 100 last weekend I seriously thinking of picking another revolver up. The Ruger is a tack driver, something I can't get out of my Glocks ( yes I said it! )

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I ordered my next one today...a Glock 42 in FDE. I loved my black 42, but I liked the idea of it matching my G19 with FDE frame. I did it for no good reason other than it pleases me. :):

Some good came of it, though. I made an INGO brother happy because he got a great deal on a good as new black 42.

Next up are Talon rubber grips, TruGlo TFX sights, and an FDE Kydex IWB holster. Anyone know a good Kydex IWB holster maker that does it in a shade of FDE that closely matches Glock's factory FDE frame? I'll probably pick one up for the G19, as well, if the price is decent.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Too far out of my price range. I'm sure they're works of art but I could never justify it. From everything I've read/seen Dan Wesson is the highest quality "production" 1911 on the market. There's a pretty significant jump from Wesson to Baer/Wilson/Brown/Nighthawk.

Yeah. I'm still swimming in the shallow end of the 1911 gene pool. But I think I would REALLY like a stinger in 38SA

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    Twelve pages of new guns. and now me.

I'm a fun shooter and not a defensive shooter. I'm a senior. Gold, guitars, girls, and guns get me going. G is my favorite letter.
    I like handguns that are still available, but about to go rare. No new guns fit that category. I don't see polymer, or guns that float in the tub, as ever being collectibles. I have purchased, or was given, a Colt national match gold cup, a silver chrome FN Browning High Power, and a custom XDM. These are fantastic semi-autos, and now with great triggers, that I just don't feel need brothers in the vault.

I'm a wheel gun addict. I freely admit it. I like Ruger and Dan Wesson. But for the last couple of years, I have been trying to get my hands on old Smiths and Colts in 38/357mag in excellent condition (and some 22s). They are disappearing fast and the prices seem to go up every day. I love the S&W 10, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 27, 28, 34, 36, 48, 51, 60, 586, and 686. I love the Colt SAA, cobra, official police, 3 5 7, trooper, diamondback, and python. The longer the barrel the better. 8 3/8th" is the sweetest thang going.

Holding an all steel blue snake in your hands is an experience everyone should have. The bluing on some of those are so deep it looks almost thick. The balance of a long heavy barrel makes muzzle flip and recoil seem almost non existent. The long sight picture may show you for the first time how much wiggle you got at that muzzle. Accuracy and velocity are big time out of these sweethearts.

So what am I looking for?
    I have been trying to find my favorite with a longer 6" barrel: The Colt Diamondback. I found 2, but they went for over $1,600. I may have been too late on this one and I don't see them getting cheaper.
    I will also try to get any of the nice High Standard models from the 30's and 40's that whisper in my ear. Two on gunbroker just went for over $4,000.

So to all you young defensive commandos out there, PM a photo of that old, outdated six gun that only old farts like. I would love to take it off your hands and get cash in your hand for that new automatic.
    I keep looking for you because I once heard that "there's one born every day". :)

Be safe out there.

Top Bottom