• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captianbullseye

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 31, 2014
    Indianapolis
    For mine I started off with a stock 1976 10/22...I swear it had never been cleaned before, but after cleaning it internally and externally I decided that I was going to mod it. So I got a 18" Green Mtn barrel, Boyd's Thumbhole stock, rubber bolt buffer, an new mag release, and after I had polished the trigger internals to a blinding shine I put Volquartsen parts in it...getting the trigger down to a buttery smooth 1.5 pounds. I am interested in the Magpul stocks...that means another gun right?

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    20151029_161734.jpg

10/22 Fever is very similar to Black Rifle Fever... I may have finally stopped on this one (a little different than pictured)

Base Model 10/22
    Boyd's SS Evolution Stock in Forest Camo ($129)
    Volquartsen Custom Target Hammer ($35)
    Volquartsen Custom Automatic Bolt Release ($11)
    Raven Eye Customs Tuner Kit T2 with Titanium Takedown Screw and Titanium Escutcheon (ETC) ($40)
    Pillar and Bedding Compound ($25)

I just upgraded the scope from that Simmons to a BSA Sweet 22. The only thing I'm still debating is a bull barrel. I'd love a VQ or Kidd drop in trigger, but I can't justify it to my finer half as well as I can a new handgun or AR. ;)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Kidd buffer and Volq hammer. Rest is stock

takPdgT.jpg

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    View attachment 45598

10/22 Fever is very similar to Black Rifle Fever... I may have finally stopped on this one (a little different than pictured)

Base Model 10/22
    Boyd's SS Evolution Stock in Forest Camo ($129)
    Volquartsen Custom Target Hammer ($35)
    Volquartsen Custom Automatic Bolt Release ($11)
    Raven Eye Customs Tuner Kit T2 with Titanium Takedown Screw and Titanium Escutcheon (ETC) ($40)
    Pillar and Bedding Compound ($25)

I just upgraded the scope from that Simmons to a BSA Sweet 22. The only thing I'm still debating is a bull barrel. I'd love a VQ or Kidd drop in trigger, but I can't justify it to my finer half as well as I can a new handgun or AR. ;)

Looks like you dropped a lot of money just to hang a squirrel. :) Wouldn't the tree have done just fine?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Lipstick on a pig. Personally, I'm a function over form kind of person. I never had a problem with the bolt catch, but I didn't like having to use two hands, so I did the mod. It's more of a personal choice. The comb on the 10/22 is far too low. I have 3 layers of pipe insulation on mine... need a new stock. As long as what you change improves the gun for you, I'm all for it. I'd rather have an ugly gun that puts bullets where I want them, than a pretty gun that doesn't.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I like the hogue stock for the 10/22 as it makes it really grippy, especially if you're shooting/hunting in the snow/rain. The down side to them is that if you leave them out in the summer sun, they get super hot. I also had to work on the stock's magwell a bit to make the mags drop free.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Dressing up any gun is like putting lipstick on a pig. It serves no purpose. Pigs are made of bacon, so how could you possibly think pig = bad?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Dressing up any gun is like putting lipstick on a pig. It serves no purpose. Pigs are made of bacon, so how could you possibly think pig = bad?

Gotcha. I guess we had differing definitions of "putting lipstick on a pig".

I took it to mean, "a futile attempt to hide the worthlessness of something."
    Whereas I assume you took it to mean, "pointless cosmetic alterations."

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I guess you could call this dressed up, not much left of the original.
    I liked taking this to the range and setting up golf balls and toy soldiers and any other things I could find out to between 75 and 125 yards or so and trying to find and shoot them on the first shot.I would spend most of the day doing this and it was lots of fun.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I use my 10/22 for hunting tree rats and stay clear of the extended mag release after seeing two mags get lost in the woods due to them hooking clothing while on the stalk....just my 2 cents.

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    Looks like you dropped a lot of money just to hang a squirrel. :) Wouldn't the tree have done just fine?

Hahaha. I kinda felt bad for that little guy posing him for the picture. I braided a "game lanyard" with 550 cord to loop on my belt. It gets a little unbalanced and noose-like with just 1 and 550 has a bit of stretch. Unfortunate squirrel lynching is the result.

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Boyd's stock. Green Mountain Barrel. Rimfire Technologies Adjustable Bedding Kit. KIdd Bolt / Kidd Changing Handle Assembly with Guide Rod / Kidd Trigger / Kidd Trigger Pins. Yeah, scope is junk. Shoots almost as good as my stock Savage MKII BRJ for twice the money. Looks good though (but so does the Savage MKII BRJ)!

DSCN0230_2.jpg
    :yesway:

Attachments

• DSCN0230_2.jpg
      DSCN0230_2.jpg
      101.6 KB · Views: 2

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Wish I had a better pic.I have the axxiom blackhawk stock (one in black, one in FDE) on two ruger 10/22's.
    I guess they dress em up? I got them to make them more custom for shooters of all sizes (my son, daughter, wife, and I)
    pricey at 90$, but imo worth it. have sling mounts, and I've attached a bipod to one. they free float.
    IMG_1356.jpg

That red dot has long since been replaced with a crossfire II. My son insisted on more accuracy :)

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Best mods are the internals; replace hammer, sears, and bolt stop pin. In my mind the most bang for the buck. Both gun below have these mods.

Houge Stock, Bushnell AR-22 2-7x40 Scope and Bipod
    r2.jpg

Fajen stock, Match Barrel, Sightron 6-24 x44 Target Scope.
    r1.jpg

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Barrel & Stock were the two expensive pieces on this build. I enjoyed every minute building this piece and it proves to shoot bug holes. Total invested was $688 plus the cost of the donor rifle.

KID 18" Match Barrel
    Bell & Carlson Target/Varmint Stock - black
    VQ Target Hammer, Shims & Bushings
    VQ Target Rifle trigger with set stop
    VQ Edge Extractor
    Tactical Solutions V-Block Barrel Retainer
    Tactical Solutions Extended Mag Release
    Power Custom Recoil Buffer
    Power Custom Weaver Style Scope Mount
    Mueller 4.5-14x40 AO APV Scope
    Burris Zee Rings medium height

5c2b827e.jpg