• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Springfield J. Stevens Arms Co. MODEL 87A.
    AKA the gill gun. You can lock the bolt closed (or open) with the charging handle. Great for when you don't want to cycle the action upon firing. Needed if firing .22 short, Colibri rounds, or anything that won't completely cycle the action in semi-auto.
    I'm not sure why I use it for squirrels. I have other .22 LR rifles.

Cheers.

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    Personally, I love my Encore. I use it for deer with the 308 barrell, and squirrel with the 22lr barrel. Harris bi-pod and a custom hardwood fore end. its a rat sniper.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Started hunting Squirrels in the 50's, used a few rifles, all 22's. Mossberg with removable mag & scope, loaned to me by the local general store owner before I had the money to buy one! Then had a Remington, Stevens and Marlin 60. Never had one that didn't shoot as accurately as I could - and I didn't miss often! Still have a Stevens and Marlin 60, Guess the Marlin is my favorite!

052.5GT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Columbus
    I use a Winchester Model 69A with a Leupold Rimfire classic scope. Haven't missed yet. I grew up watching my dad use one of these and it has always had a spot in my heart. I got my 69A 2 years ago and absolutely love it. I will be getting a second to butcher up by cutting and threading the barrel.

Omer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    I guess i have one of the best keep secrets of all. I have my dad's Mossberg 151k he bought new in the early 40's. I can not begin to count the number of gray's that gun has killed. I still use it today and i am 73 years young.

jrogers88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    linton
    funny+squirrels+with+guns+%285%29.jpg
    Any 22lr rifle. savage mk II comes to mind.

If i ever see this im running back for my 308 lol. Although i did blast a squirrel last year with my mosin. About 120 yards along a field edge on a luck shot bet from my buddy. Once the dust settled i turned back to see my buddy sadly holdin out the 5 dollar bill he bet me lol. Front half was useless but boy the back legs tasted good tthat night

Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    Marlin 60 with the tree rat on the stock. I bought it used for $20 with the money I made from my first trapped fox in the 80's.

I also shot a lot of squirrels with my Savage .22/410 over under which is my first gun. I loved it at first but bought the Marlin over jealousy of the semi-autos my friends had. Now I appreciate what my father bought me for my first gun.the savage is a nice gun but heavy.

dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    I actually dont even own a 22 anymore. I sold all of em a few years ago. The way i saw it was yeah it may be the most common round with ammo redilly available but in a ammo shortage it would be the first to get bought up. Boy was i right lol.
    If you had that much foresight you should have stockpiled .22 bullets and kept your rifles.

Top Bottom