What's your favorite firearm and caliber you have shot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    My grandfathers Remington Target master single shot bolt action .22LR. Nothing will ever best it.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    My favorite firearm ....
    Hand gun would be my Colt Python. So smooth. So Beutiful. So tight. One of the finest revolvers ever.

Rifle would be my Browing A-Bolt in .243. This gun equiped with the B.O.S.S. is a delight to shoot.

Shotgun would be a plain jane ole Mossberg 500. Simplistic, but uterly reliable.

hoosiersasquatch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have three (cannot just pick one) I must admit I just simply and truly enjoy shooting.
    First for the pure joy of shooting, I love shooting my S&W 22S pistol, it is incredibly accurate, (more so than me) and it is super cheap to shoot.
    Next, I love to shoot my 12 ga 870 with buck shot, simply for the WOW factor of the power it has.
    Last and certainly not least is my father-in-laws Colt 1911 he carried with him in the service, simply because I know that gun fought for our freedom, and although I love the Glock, there is not a more awesome gun made

bluepkp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    After 10+ years of military service there's not much I haven't shot. With that being said my favorite gun I have shot and still shoot is a Remington Nylon 66 .22lr(which was my first gun).

sparkomatic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Pre '64 Model 70 in 220 Swift. Topped with a "state of the art", for that time period Lyman 4x fine crosshair scope. Watched my first groundhog go poof thru it years ago and been hooked ever since.

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    It was my dad's .410 Ithaca single shot. It was the first time he took me rabbit hunting. Still the greatest time I ever had, although my mom's single action Colt was nice too.

neofleo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Yep. 22 LR and maybe the .308 Pro Hunter pistol. Maybe an AR15? AGGGH! That is a really hard question. I love them all.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I dearly love 44mag in a revolver, but don't shoot it very often because of $$ per shot.
    For a rifle I'm really torn between the big bang boom of my Mosin 41 and the fantastic plinking with my Ruger 10/22. They're all a lot of fun, but each for different reasons.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    No idea! I loved them all from 22s to M-60. Maybe somebody will give me a few loaners, all my favorites, their favorites, a covered range, enough ammo and food/drink for all caliburs and a month or two to blast away with them all and I'll let you know if I have a single favorite. Largest pistol to date is .44Mag. so I'll also need some bigger ones and ammo to check them too.:D

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    Free to shoot(Until yesterday): My Uncle's AR Rock River Elite Comp upper with a two stage trigger. I am finally hitting dimes at 100yds. with a 1in consistent group. Getting better though! Uncle can do 1/2in at 150yds pretty much all day long.
    Not going to be free as of yesterday. lol last round of powder and Berger bullets bought has pushed it up to roughly 65cents a round. And with me shooting 30-40rounds every week or two, it isn't getting cheap, which I fully understand.

Reload shooting: Kel tec sub 2k 40 s&w

Cheap plinking: Gotta be between the Ar .22 dedicated upper and a cheap Marlin 22 that my dad got my brother years ago but lost interest in shooting after his first box of ammo was shot up......

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Most fun to shoot in a rifle is my little 223 Contender. It has an MGM barrel that is very accurate and very little kick. My grand kids like it as well.

Hand gun would be my Ruger mark 3. very fun to shoot, very accurate. The grand kids like it because I put a scope on it for them.

For all around use my favorite is my S&W 629 4". With light loads it is fun to shoot and accurate. With top loads it will take about any thing that walks around here. I will always have one.

For home defense and hunting in our state. I have a 1187 that is top notch. I have three barrels for it. One for birds, one rifled for deer and one 18" police barrel for home defense. I like it much better than my 870s.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    My FNH 57 (5.7x28) Awesome shooter. Only have two boxes of ammo, and I'm waiting on a standing backorder with my supplier for 50 boxes. When I imagined an ammo shortage, it wasn't in this caliber.

Top Bottom