• ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    9mm. Range ammo is currently readily available and fairly inexpensive. Good defensive ammo is the same way. There are so many good options out there for 9mm handguns that it just makes sense for someone who is new to handguns to go with a 9mm.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Flat out favorite? .45 Colt hands down. Reasons why? Well, history, both e calibers and mine with it. It was what I started shouting CAS with, one of. Two calibers I started reloading for. Well, technically the first, with a Lee hand loader. First two sets if dies I ordered were for 45 Colt and 45 acp.

The caliber itself has such a wonderful history going back to 1873 and tied to one of the best handguns eve, the Colt SAA. For real use, you can load it in so many ways. Black powder loads for authenticity and a lot of fun, roundball sand a pinch of red dot or bullseye for super light loads, standard loads will push a 259gr bullet to 8-900 fps easily and in a proper handgun you can load some pretty warm loads, with bullets up into the 300 gr weights. And, out of a rifle like a Marlin or a 92 Winchester design you can get even more velocity. I cast for it and have quite a few .45 caliber molds that helps keep costs down and adds to the versatility.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    After years of shooting and tinkering with almost all of them, 9mm hands down.

It does everything I need from a handgun. Plenty of stopping power, low recoil, accurate, small case allows for high capacity, can be found anywhere, and it's cheap.

Other than family heirlooms, I am slowly getting rid of everything else. Once I shoot up/trade off my bulk .45acp, those guns are on the chopping block!

Top Bottom