• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUOE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Terre Haute
    From a smoothbore, the Brenneke K.O.'s are very accurate.
    The Winchester BRI Slug is preferred for rifled barrels and is a popular long time favorite.

gfex_1008_ammoa.jpg

20gaslugs6.jpg

I agree 100%
    I've used both of these. Yeas ago I used K.O. slug in my smoothbore but ever since I bought an 835 with a rifled barrel I've shot the BRI sabot. I started back when Federal offered them and now it's Winchester.

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    I have a H&R with a rifled barrel I just bought and was told hornady was best for and I tried them and was not happy so I tried the lightfield hybred and found out what really shoot well.Lightfields blew the hornady out of the water.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    2 3/4 Remington copper solid sabot.

Check my zero at camp $2, go kill a deer another $2, most of the time. If I have to go track a deer I will chamber a cheaper slug.

I have no idea if this is the best cartrige. I used the solid copper sabot on my first hunt and killed a buck. If I could remember what socks I was wearing I would wear those too.

Superstitious I am.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    2 3/4 Remington copper solid sabot.

Check my zero at camp $2, go kill a deer another $2, most of the time. If I have to go track a deer I will chamber a cheaper slug.

I have no idea if this is the best cartrige. I used the solid copper sabot on my first hunt and killed a buck. If I could remember what socks I was wearing I would wear those too.

Superstitious I am.

+1 This sums up my sight check and deer kills during the shotgun season. Been using them for 13yrs or so now. Im a firm believer in not fixing something that aint broke.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    As someone mentioned above, it doesn't matter what our favorite slug is. What matters is what your particular shotgun shoots best. When I had my last Remington 870 with fully-rifled barrel, I tested just about every sabot round available at the time. I used two 25-pound sandbags to support the shotgun and guarantee that I was not influencing the shots at all. The best slug for me was the Remington Buckhammer, printing a 1 1/8" 100-yard 3-shot group. The worst BY FAR was the Hornady SST, which if memory serves me correctly (I can't find the results on my hard drive) was in the 7-8" range.

Top Bottom