• EDC Caliber

• Total voters

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Had to answer other, since I carry more than one calibre. Not necessarily at the same time, tho. In the summer I usually carry .45. In the winter I carry a .44 Special pocket gun. Sometimes I carry a .357. Depends on how I feel.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I went with 9mm for my first EDC with the thinking being ammo would be easy to get. So much for that theory. I recently picked up a nice little Colt .38. Haven't been able to shoot it yet. Ammo is in the mail.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Sometimes 9mm

I honestly believe the .45 is the optimum pistol caliber, and for me it certainly is. I actually control it better and shoot it better than the 9mm. Then again that's probably because .45 has been my round for the large majority of my pistol carrying experience.
    I'm not one of those who thinks the .45 is the end all and be all though. There are perfectly valid reasons to carry the 9mm too, and I never feel "undergunned" doing it.
    I don't understand the .40 though.
    More muzzle flip than the .45 and less power.
    Less rounds than a 9mm, and harder to control.
    High pressure round, so brass can't be reloaded for nearly as long.
    Sounds more like the result of government meddling in the 10mm round rather than some "excellent middle option" it's portrayed as, but that's just my :twocents:

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    EDC is .380 PPK. I would love to carry a .45 and do so in my truck (STI Off Duty), but it's too heavy for EDC, primarily because I'm a fat middle aged guy and it makes my pants fall down.

Seabass

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    NE Indiana
    EDC is .380 PPK. I would love to carry a .45 and do so in my truck (STI Off Duty), but it's too heavy for EDC, primarily because I'm a fat middle aged guy and it makes my pants fall down.

Im a fat middle aged guy too! But I do carry a Kimber Crimson Carry Ultra .45 ACP.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Pull the .45 out most days, other days 9mm or .38+P revolver. Depends on attire, attitude and where I might be going

Top Bottom