• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is no such thing as enough.....ever.
    I was lucky enough to get all my storage spaced filled and over flowing just before Christmas. Then the madness started and I could just sit and watch.

Do I have enough....hell no but I can wait a bit.

jabbett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    What quantity is in a "cache"? When the authorities raid someone's home they always say they have a cache of weapons and ammunition.

I would like to have 2 or 3 caches full. :)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    ammunition-1.jpg

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Count me in Bro' I'm old but at least I can provide cover from the rear.
    Me too, but I've got a pretty good scope on my LR 308, might just reach past the front line. Just plant me in a hole, I'll stay there till its over (one way or the other). Doubt I run out of ammo - been buying and storing for over 20 years. Will buy more when the prices come back down. Figure my son's or grandson's will use er up some day!

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Enough to get you to the range once a month and enough to get you through the first fire fight. If you survive, replenish your supply with the enemies weapons, ammo and gear.

Its not going to do others good while you sit on a throne made of ammo.

You can only load so fast and you can only carry so much.

Tell me, which is worse? Those hoarding or those capitalizing for financial gain. In each case, they're keeping ammo out of the hands of others who could potentially have their back. While I think the panic HAS sent a message, its been a sloppy and mismanaged one.

seth959ci

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Well as it has been stated already... can never have enough. But i think 1000 rounds for each caliber seems like a good minimum. I think that it could be more important to have lots of reloading supplies stocked up, probably enough to reload 5000 for each caliber

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Enough to get you to the range once a month and enough to get you through the first fire fight. If you survive, replenish your supply with the enemies weapons, ammo and gear.

Tell me, which is worse? Those hoarding or those capitalizing for financial gain. In each case, they're keeping ammo out of the hands of others who could potentially have their back. While I think the panic HAS sent a message, its been a sloppy and mismanaged one.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I am hopeful that if something bad does happen and it is gun owners against the gov. then I would hope those that have significant stockpiles would want to share. I don't have near as much as many of you guys do but I have quite a bit. I would happily share what I have if SHTF in that way. 2 fighters are better than one.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG

This makes sense to me. I try to keep a few hundred of each caliber but I have guns for personal protection and because I enjoy shooting and hunting. Seems to me the more you have stockpiled the more of a target you become if shtf. Just a flu induced theory.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    mixed id say 20k of common calibers,including reloads.

ive recently found myself branching out and picking up a couple different guns in calibers new to me. it pays to diversify. while stuff like .223 and 9mm is scarce, .40 is plentiful.

as for shooting it up, i try not to shoot what i cant replace. really hard right now not to go burn a thousands rounds at the range - but i try and not shoot up factory rounds, for plinking i usually stay with reloads.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I agree with you to a certain extent. I am hopeful that if something bad does happen and it is gun owners against the gov. then I would hope those that have significant stockpiles would want to share. I don't have near as much as many of you guys do but I have quite a bit. I would happily share what I have if SHTF in that way. 2 fighters are better than one.

It sounds like people have this idea that theres going to be a frontline where all the gun owners have amassed in the great big showdown and gun owners are
    Passing mags down the line. :rolleyes:

It would more than likely be one house at a time, televised, everyone watching as another "nutjob" gets taken out by SWAT and the Feds. No one is coming to his rescue, just a bunch of onlookers watching it go down, glad its not them. Then we hear the perp had amassed a "cache" of weapons and ammo. Thousands of rounds, they say. He was a one man army others say!

The "frontline" is on the internet and television. They're winning the hearts and minds of the sheep while their opponents are legislated into nutjob felons and portrayed en masse as paranoid and mentally incapacitated. Making YOUR rights ILLEGAL to stand and fight for. Due process gone. Now a member of Americas ghost population, the felon, the non member of society.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    When I have 100 rounds more than my enemy.

With Homeland Security buying millions of rounds, I guess I will alway be out-gunned. That is where you all come in. We will all need each others help.

I'll stand beside you, till I can't stand no more, then I'll shoot from the prone !!!!!

Top Bottom