• ...and so much more!
  • adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I have yet to understand why so many people in Hamilton County drive 5-10 mph BELOW the speed limit. There is nothing worse than getting behind some jackwagon on I-69 doing 55 in the left lane when the signage clearly indicates it's a 65 or 70 mph zone.

If you go 1 mph over you may get pulled over. There isn't much else for them to do most the time.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I was cruising up Michigan Rd the other night in my FULLY MARKED police car when someone pulled in behind me from 62nd street. They tailgated me so close that I couldn't see their headlights in my mirror. I gave em a quick blink from the annoyingly bright LED lightbar on top and figured they would get the hint. They did not. I moved over into the left lane and the person then passed me on the right. I was already going about 5 over the posted limit. Now I dont really write tickets just for the sport of doing so but some people just NEED them. I stopped the car and the very first words out of the driver's mouth was "why you ****in harrassing me?" :n00b:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This city is cake to drive in. Try driving in Manhattan, it's fun. Most of the Sunday drivers around here wouldn't be able to do it. You are EXPECTED to drive as hard and fast as you can while traveling through the city.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    This city is cake to drive in. Try driving in Manhattan, it's fun. Most of the Sunday drivers around here wouldn't be able to do it. You are EXPECTED to drive as hard and fast as you can while traveling through the city.

Did this right after Thanksgiving back in 2007. Took my 2002 330ci 5 speed there :n00b: Not sure we ever left 1st gear.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I am with you. I -69 and parts of I-65 drive me crazy. These people do not know how to read that the speed limit has changed from 55 to 65 and they continue to take up the passing lane while passing nobody.

OP, I drive a cargo van through Indy and surrounding areas all day. People see a cargo van and assume I am going to drive slow. I do not. They are always trying to get around me and the times that they do they end up slowing me down. Very aggravating.

69 all the way up to michigan is plain CRAP. trucks run side by side for dozens of miles, tons of cars doing 60mph in a line, no one passes. fort wayne to indy is a 90 mile drive at 70mph legal speeds (k so i drive about 78, my choice). but it often takes 2 hours. no one can maintain a single speed.

while its bad, its NOTHING like tennessee, 90 mph on mile long straights, 25 on curves while the limit is constant 55.
    US highways have huge lines of cars stacked up in one lane all doing the same speed. its ridiculous. more than once i watched hillbillies passing traffic on ATVs on the shoulder.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    If you go 1 mph over you may get pulled over. There isn't much else for them to do most the time.

It still doesn't give the douchebags an excuse to be in the left lane going below the speed limit yapping on their cell phones. I understand being careful in the construction zones as the fines double there, but when the speed limit is 70 and there is one @sshole in the left lane with a line of cars behind him driving like he's the lead of a funeral procession, it doesn't take any rocket science for him to move out of the way.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It still doesn't give the douchebags an excuse to be in the left lane going below the speed limit yapping on their cell phones. I understand being careful in the construction zones as the fines double there, but when the speed limit is 70 and there is one @sshole in the left lane with a line of cars behind him driving like he's the lead of a funeral procession, it doesn't take any rocket science for him to move out of the way.

Some people have made it their life's work to be traffic vigilantes, making sure nobody else speeds. They intentionally drive a little slower than the speed limit in the left lane, especially in locales where it's illegal to pass on the right.

Some of them are even here on INGO.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I was cruising up Michigan Rd the other night in my FULLY MARKED police car when someone pulled in behind me from 62nd street. They tailgated me so close that I couldn't see their headlights in my mirror. I gave em a quick blink from the annoyingly bright LED lightbar on top and figured they would get the hint. They did not. I moved over into the left lane and the person then passed me on the right. I was already going about 5 over the posted limit. Now I dont really write tickets just for the sport of doing so but some people just NEED them. I stopped the car and the very first words out of the driver's mouth was "why you ****in harrassing me?" :n00b:

Gotta love the NW side. I work on up there and those people are flat out scary. I would rather drive in Castleton or Greenwood by one of the malls on black Friday, than on the NW side. People are absolutely clueless.:n00b::xmad::n00b:

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    I also keep seeing a Doctor here in this office complex ALWAY speed through the stopsign in the parking lot. I'm always seconds too late to get to him. But I usually go about 20. He has to be going 45. Never slows down either. But then we usually park close to each other, and then he sits there for 5 minutes. Why they hell did he have to risk his life and anyone elses to blow through a stop sign.

Also to those who say to drive in areas like Chicago, Boston, and NY. This is not Chicago, Boston, or NY. This is Indy. This is where I choose to live. And this post isn't really about the traffic. Its about individually dumb people. So yes, in much largers areas, you're going to get a lot more dumber people. But when your the only two people on the road, there is no point in cutting someone off just to be in front of them.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. When someone tries to tell you that there something worse. Yes, there's always going to be something worse. No matter what you're talking about.

Top Bottom