• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    I see a few posts of who there is to support but do YOU support any of them?

Just sayin........

I am a member of GOA. At the end of the day, the facts pan out that individual members of the NRA leadership have made decisions for the group that are absolutely toxic. No one holds these individual's accountable until it its too late and these threads show that a majority of gun owners prefer just to send their money to the largest organization because it makes them feel like part of the solution. The fact is that your individual contribution won't make or break any organization, however if other groups who take a more hardline stance start eating into the NRA's market share then the NRA will have to take notice. In fact, there suggest that this may have happened to some extent already:

“The NRA, their lobbying efforts are being pushed even further to the extreme by virtue of the fact that there’s another organization called Gun Owners of America. Whenever the NRA tries to be reasonable, the Gun Owners of America becomes more unreasonable, and it pushes the NRA to the right.” - Harry Reid

I don't expect the bored of directors from the NRA to come out tomorrow and issue a statement that belt fed anti aircraft guns should be legal. What I do expect is the president of the NRA to not pander to an audience and suggest that a class of firearms should be illegal.

50BMG Steve

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    Richmond Area
    Fighting for our gun rights is not all the NRA does, more than just the ILA to benefit shooters. Hunting and target shooters benefit from NRA range improvement grants. The various NRA mags, American Rifleman, Hunter, and cable TV shows help spread news and info. The NRA foundation gave more than $300,000 in grants to Indiana groups this year. Mostly youth groups, another $300,000 for the Foundation to use on the national level.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I personally do not think the NRA top brass cares about us, anymore than the federal government does. This is what happens when you have a cush gig for so long. You start out die hard, with great intentions. You end up still making it look like your fighting, but spending more time making sure the money is still rolling in, and you still have said cush gig. Also, lets not forget about the NRA Playland, or whatever they call it, down in Central America. I advise anyone who isnt ok with just blindly trusting things to check out their tax returns.. Theres some interesting reading in there.
    That being said, I still feel obligated to pay dues, because Im afraid they really ARE doing something other than just banking on my money.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Believe me they are doing other things with your/are money. They gave one of the local clubs I belong thousands of dollars for range improvements and still are supporting us. Besides the fight for our rights.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Ever since I joined a few months ago Im getting constantly
    asked for more money.

Its getting quit ridicules, I even had to spam them because of the constant emails.

I get letters every other week for something with a money request.

They need to spend more time and money on our cause instead of constantly hitting up current members for more cash. Heck I got a letter 2 weeks
    after I joined for more cash. Give it a rest!

Jimmy

Your membership dues, for the most part, can not be used "on our cause" due to the vagaries of tax and campaign finance laws. You have to make specific donations to ILA and PVF to fund legislative and election efforts. Your dues pay for the magazine, promoting shooting sports with range grants, etc. and some operating costs.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I personally do not think the NRA top brass cares about us, anymore than the federal government does. This is what happens when you have a cush gig for so long. You start out die hard, with great intentions. You end up still making it look like your fighting, but spending more time making sure the money is still rolling in, and you still have said cush gig. Also, lets not forget about the NRA Playland, or whatever they call it, down in Central America. I advise anyone who isnt ok with just blindly trusting things to check out their tax returns.. Theres some interesting reading in there.
    That being said, I still feel obligated to pay dues, because Im afraid they really ARE doing something other than just banking on my money.

Yes, actually they DO care about you.

During my tenure on the NRA Board LaPierre was offered gigs with private corporations at salaries far in excess of what NRA pays him. He stayed because he WANTS to defend your rights.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Yes, actually they DO care about you.

During my tenure on the NRA Board LaPierre was offered gigs with private corporations at salaries far in excess of what NRA pays him. He stayed because he WANTS to defend your rights.

I didnt say they dont, I said I dont think they do. If you are trying to change MY mind, I need more than conjecture. If you are defending the NRA from my comments, no need. I already stated, I support them, despite my thoughts.

Top Bottom