• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Book76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    What on earth is up with Thompson Center? I have tried contacting them for months for customer support. They never answer their phone or emails.
    I have talked to many people who are having the same problem as me. I have a T/C Encore and I need some trigger work done. I was told by a T/C dealer that if you send it back to T/C, they will fix it for free except for shipping. Has anyone else heard this? I also heard they have shut down their custom shop for now. Has anyone dealt with T/C since S&W bought them?

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I've never had an issue dealing with them, but I'm sure they are overwhelmed with the recall they have going on.

TCA Venture Safety Recall - Smith & Wesson

You're are correct, if you get the gun there, they will repair it free.

In the old days, you could talk directly to the craftman working on your issue. It was great. Those guys sure take pride in their work.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    +1 on the recall issue. They're evaluating thousands of rifles. They initially called in a small number and then decided to recall all of them.

On top of that, they just rolled out a potentially revolutionary new product line.

The T/C custom shop has been closed for years. It's not a "for now" thing no matter what they say. It was entirely unreasonable to order a barrel and have it be delivered 12-13 months later. I'll eat my shoe if the custom barrel operation reopens.

I'm more concerned with the lack of Encore frame inventory and the discontinuing of some pro hunter chamberings. All of the blued pro-hunter's are done (at least according to my last contact). I was hoping they'd announce that the new standard finish would be weathershield, bring the line back at that price point, but it hasn't happened yet.

Oh well. I have my frame and I don't see MGM, SSK and Bullberry going out of business anytime soon.

Book76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    They answred their phone finally. Encore going back Monday! 2 to 4 week turn around they said. That`s not bad at all. I wasn`t aware of the recall on the Venture. Thanks for your replies.

KEYBEAR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Late in Nov. I call to order a part for a TC barrel . Gave all the info ask for and paid with a card . The first of the year after seeing my card had been charged and no part received I called again . Talking with a young man was told he was very sorry and yes I had paid for the part and it would be sent ASAP . I still don,t have the part ??
    KEYBEAR

Top Bottom