• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    One of my 11 y/o son's prize possessions is his old Sears Model 1 single shot .22. He loves the fact that my Mom gave it to Dad as a wedding present, then i inherited it when Dad was killed, and now it's his. Seems to float his boat that it's on it's 3rd generation of Williams men. He's already talking about how neat it will be to pass it on to his kid and teaching him/her to shoot with it when the time comes.

Hope he still likes it as much next week. His birthday was this week, and he doesn't know it yet, but he's getting a new Marlin 795 come Monday for his birthday present. Don't want the old girl to get too worn out and deny him the pleasure of passing it down LOL. She'll still hold an inch at 50 yards.

From what I've read, your kid seems a little more mature than most 11 year olds. I'd be proud of him. :)

He's gonna LOVE the 795! I have more fun with my wife's 795 than my AR I think!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Hopefully he comes around. A lot of it I think has to do with society itself. Hell, I still have the BB gun I learned to shoot with as a kid. I do, have one gun I would never get rid of, that my father gave me. If I ever have children. It will get passed onto them. You could offer me a million dollars and I would not sale it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I bought my oldest boy a hex receiver Mosin Nagant a few months back. He knows about these weapons and has fired mine quite a few times. He was thrilled to have it, it is his first gun, and he gets it out of the safe at least once a week to clean it, and stare at it. I'm sure your boy will come around and realise what a great gun the Ruger is.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Carp32
    Top Bottom