What's up with all the "Feeler" threads in the Classifieds?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    That is a fact. Also a bunch of guys wanting to trade instead of gouging ;) Also notice the mood in the classified is getting testy.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Feeler threads
    +1 I was thinking the same thing.

State a price or what you are wanting to trade for.

It is either WTS, WTT, and not WTF.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    People are testing the waters to see how much someone will pay in the panic.

People are more comfortable putting it out there instead of just saying i want a million dollars for my pmag, there hoping you will pm them with a ridiculous offer. It makes them feel like there not ripping you off, they think there doing you a favor by selling you something you need.:rockwoot:
    \
    itll get better once things calm down alot of people will just leave

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Im comfortable posting a feeler thread! I was honest what I was looking for and how much money I put into the given firearm. I did not price gouge, just wanted to see what was out there for trade. Dont think thats wrong!

Do I need to sell it, no! But do I shoot it, no! Its sits in the safe, if anyone has something I may want and it just sits...why not try!

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    People are testing the waters to see how much someone will pay in the panic.

People are more comfortable putting it out there instead of just saying i want a million dollars for my pmag, there hoping you will pm them with a ridiculous offer. It makes them feel like there not ripping you off, they think there doing you a favor by selling you something you need.:rockwoot:
    \
    itll get better once things calm down alot of people will just leave

This and too many people slamming others on here lately.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Ray%20Charles.jpg

Ray doesn't see the humor in this thread...

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I'll drop this here before the
    DancingLock.gif
    :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILWSp0m9G2U

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    2027_en_b.jpg

I have no problem with feelers. The more ads out there the more possibility something will pop up that I am interested in. If I can't make a deal with something I want ... I move on.

As we tell many noobs here. INGO is not a gun exchange forum!!!
    Do we mean it or not?

The classified are simply a stress test to see if we can handle getting our blood pressure elevated. That's all.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I had to chuckle yesterday when a guy who had a couple weeks previously pmed me out of the blue that the price I was selling small quantities of .223/5.56 brass for was too high and he wouldn't be buying any. I was selling small amounts of my stock at a reasonable price and limiting people to prevent folks from just flipping it because I wanted it to go to people who were actually going to use it. Well, that guy posted an ad a couple days ago for .223/5.56 brass he was selling for more than I'd been selling mine for...

I got no use for carpetbaggers.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Perhaps I am just weird but I refuse to take advantage of anyone under any circumstance. I can understand a price increase that has to be passed on but when people are hosing other gun owners with 400.00 for 10 pmags (Gunbroker) I find it irritating. Some people think money is more important than principals I guess. I know one thing, before I make any transactions with someone I am going to look up their history. If they were engaged in this crap I ain't buying or selling them jack....for any amount of money. Matter of fact I won't have any dealings with them what so ever. I don't buy or sell enough stuff to make any difference but that's how I am going about it.:twocents:

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    I mentioned this in another thread also. Be nice to have a running list. Many say they dont have a problem with it. So they shouldnt mind being on the list for charging two or three times the price for something. The whole "its worth what someone is willing to pay for it" only goes so far with me. Im new here but it seems to me that the gun community should be making sure everybody has what they need and sticking together a little more than what ive been seeing.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    WTT and put an item, then say "Open to any other offers". You still listed one trade preference. Still "legal" right, as long as you list one trade preference.

WTT Glock 19, looking for a 1975 Ford Pickup, open to any other offers. Like that...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom