• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I don't know but the Taurus Millennium sounds like the gun to get. Wonder if anyone might be selling one .... :whistle:

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    My EDC is a G30 and I CC it everyday while working and nobody has noticed.... I also OC when I'm not working...... Low recoil... A bit thicker than the PF9 I had but I love carrying something I know that will 100% go bang every time.......... Not bashing any other firearm but I love my glock for the reliability..... G30 or G30SF.... check em out..... If your ever around the north side of Indy I'll let ya fondle my G30..... I don't get to the range much due to the high price of ammo otherwise I'd let ya shoot it....

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I held a glock 36 today while at a store picking up powder. It was very nice and in my opinion about as good as it's going to get. Only problem was the price, $630 ouch!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    As much as I like the glock 36, if I ever carry a gun on me if the gun doesn't have a manual safety I won't carry with one in the chamber. If it was a compact 1911 type then I would carry with one in the chamber because of the safety. That's really my only gripe on the G36 other than the price of it. $400 would be a pretty sweet deal.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    For comparison purposes:

r_def_36_45backup.jpg

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    I am going to reach back into the past and say take a look at the Star PD. They are a compact 45acp with an aluminum frame. Very easy to carry.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have to admit that the more I look into this the more I also want to handle a ruger SR9c. I like the idea of the small size, loaded chamber indicator, and 1911 style safety. If only it were in a 45, but there's some pretty nasty 9mm ammo out there too. Hmmm, so much to consider on this.

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    Old Thread, but I ran across an ATI FX series 45ACP with a 3.2" barrel today. I was impressed with the fit quality. The slide was smoother and the trigger pull lighter than the used Springfield sitting next to it. It also came with a beavertail safety grip and the round hammer, priced under $500. I was considering pulling the wallet out, but the made in the Phillippines was buggin' me a bit. I suppose that shouldn't have anything to do with it as Taurus, H&K, Glock and others are not USA made. I've read good things about the Glock 30 and also the Smith M&P's. Anyone got an opinion on the ATI's? or spend a little more for a Glock or M&P? This is a link to it: American Tactical Imports,

The gunstore clerk said Glock was coming out soon with a new model in 45ACP soon that would make a good carry gun, anyone know anything about it?

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I have to admit that the more I look into this the more I also want to handle a ruger SR9c. I like the idea of the small size, loaded chamber indicator, and 1911 style safety. If only it were in a 45, but there's some pretty nasty 9mm ammo out there too. Hmmm, so much to consider on this.

Nasty 9mm= 147gr HST.

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I carry a g36 and before I bought it I had also heard of the supposed "issues" but talked with a glock armorer at the 1500 gun show and decided to buy (not from him, he doesn't sell). He has carried his first gen g36 for many years with no issues. My pistol is very accurate and easy to carry.

Top Bottom