• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I just polished off a 12 hour nap this morning. Grandparents took the kids around 6pm, I fell asleep on the couch. Wife woke me to come upstairs at 8:30 where I passed out again.

My uncle has slept 24-hr straight after a 3-day jaunt at the hospital on a busy call weekend. Left him with permanent nerve damage in his arm because of how he was laying.

So, let's hear the stories!

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    17 hours one time when I was 17 years old. It was the second time I had tried marijuana. I got stoned out of my mind.

That was 23 years ago. There just ain't nothing like being young and stupid.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just polished off a 12 hour nap this morning. Grandparents took the kids around 6pm, I fell asleep on the couch. Wife woke me to come upstairs at 8:30 where I passed out again.

My uncle has slept 24-hr straight after a 3-day jaunt at the hospital on a busy call weekend. Left him with permanent nerve damage in his arm because of how he was laying.

So, let's hear the stories!

Well, if medical conditions count......I was out for 5 days when I was 15...after a surgery that was supposed to kill me.

In college, after hell week, and being kept awake for 6 days......I did sleep nearly 24 hours.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    I had sinus surgery when I was 17. For 2 days they would check my vitals every hour. Didn't matter if I was asleep or not. When I got home I went to the basement and took my pain killer. I woke up 21 hours later. I couldn't breathe out of my nose cause it was all the stitches and swelling. My mouth was so dry when I got a drink. I swear my tongue just took in all the water like a sponge.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I stay up 24 hours on thursdays. Then I sleep normal until Sunday when I get 10. Longest I have ever slept was 18 and that's when I had the flu really bad.

Gotta sleep, but I also have to spend time with the boys. Third shift an hour away SUCKS!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    When I got out of the Army in 1996 I got a job working a swing shift. Two days on late shift, two days on middle shift then a day shift before two days off. It absolutely completely screwed me up. I ended up taping aluminum foil over the windows in my room and slept an average of 14 hours a day. For a year.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I did just over 20 hours after working a 6 day stretch of 16 - 16 - 12 - 16 - 16 - 12... I also drive a half hour each way to work... So yeah I was tired.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    If we are counting medical, then I was in a medical coma for almost a month.

If we aren't, then I usually sleep 5 hours and on the days off I sleep a good 10-12 hours, depends on what needs to be done.

Top Bottom