• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I never really hear anything about them, they're expensive, and my brother in law is convinced that they're freaking amazing for some reason (he's never shot one, so I don't know why). Any comments/opinions on them?

they are overpriced and i have heard frequent reports of their crappy CS. Lots of "the gun needs to be broken in" and "it's the ammo you're using" type responses.

And never mind the "custom" stuff, which is literally made on the same assembly line as all the other stuff. The Gen I guns are generally held in very high regards. Their current stuff- not so much. The consensus seems to be that QC has gone very downhill.

IMHO, why even bother when Springfield is generally cheaper, has waaaaay fewer negative reviews and has the best CS of probably any gun company out there?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    1. Kimber makes decent guns. They used to be better than they are today.

2. Kimber sells direct to gun shops, no middle man. Thus, gun shops LOVE them, and will talk about them like they are gold. They also take FOREVER to ship product, so they seem rareish to the dealer.

3. They are a mid level 1911. Springfield, Colt, Kimber, S&W that sort of thing.

If you have one that works great, it works great. If you dont, you dont. Same as all other brands.

I dislike the Swartz drop safety quite a bit, and prefer the series 80 style.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    pretty sure the Schwartz is different than the series 80

eta: the schwartz safety is dependent on the grip safety and the series 80 is based on the trigger. two different systems

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If DOM is talking "Colt", then yes... 80s is an FP employed in the trigger.
    Conversely, "Kimber" which uses Schwartz is employed in the grip safety.
    I understood the comment to basically say he didn't like the FP block at all...but preferred the 80s series.
    It didn't make sense.

However, if he's comparing one style of FP block to the other... now I get it.

Top Bottom