• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    I would not consider any of them (ok maybe a vector).

The PTR's have issues with bolt gap (which is major).

I think you would be better served with an FAL variant.

Slade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Evansvile
    I have shot the PTR clone next to my original Hk 91. Very similiar gun except for the heavy barrel on the PTR. The welds on the receiver look very good. If I where going to buy a clone that is what I would go with.
    I have also looked at a few of the Springfield SAR rifles with the stamped receiver. They are very nice as they used original Hk tooling. These have gotten kind of expensive lately.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    People seem to crap on the FA91( because a "friend" had one or they "read something" once) but I have one and it's a great rifle. I have close to 1k through it with 0 problems. You can get one for around 650 +/-. They aren't the sexiest gun in the world but it should slow down the zombie hoard.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I think the Springfield Armory SA8 is the best out there as long as you get the one made in the Greek factory and not the junk aluminum receiver.The stamped S/A's are H&K spec just make in Greece on H&K machinery (G-3).

Slade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Evansvile
    I think the Springfield Armory SA8 is the best out there as long as you get the one made in the Greek factory and not the junk aluminum receiver.The stamped S/A's are H&K spec just make in Greece on H&K machinery (G-3).

I would agree with this but the price seems to be getting too close to the real Hk for them to be an option.:twocents:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I personally would buy a PTR reciever, a Pakistani parts kit from APEX, & see if RCM has .308 barrels yet. Then have one of the HK clone smiths build it for you.
    I just sold mine, PTR reciever, Paki Parts kit, SAR8 barrel, & all green furniture..
    Some of the factory PTRs are good, but from what i understand its a hit and miss deal & only shoots SOME ammo :twocents:
    Good Luck

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I would not consider any of them (ok maybe a vector).

The PTR's have issues with bolt gap (which is major).

I think you would be better served with an FAL variant.

Im not sure ive seen a vector 91, Ive seen vector 51s with perm attached FH to make legal rifle legnth.
    As far as i know the PTRs had barrel flute trouble, which leads to an extraction problem. Bolt gap is major as far as function, but can be fixed by replacing +or- size rollers to a certain extent, if its too far out then it would be major because you would have to remove & repress barrel to get it back into acceptable specs.

Having said all that i agree with your last statement 100%, i would choose an FAL/L1A1 over a PTR any day. But i really like my L1A1:twocents:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    they say Cetmes are even more hit & miss than the PTRs. Ive known buddys with 2 cetmes, each ran flawlessly, but i would NOT pick them over my L1A1 :twocents:

Indiana Feller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    I have never been able to br happy with clones. If you want a 91. Find odd jobs, scrimp on lunch money and buy the real deal. You won't have a piece of junk that is worth near zero and you can enjoy the real deal!
    That said I am a FAL guy.

Top Bottom