• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    How many manufacturers of .22 handguns are there? That will be just about the same number of recommendations that you will get. You probably should have made up a survey to find out which ones would be the most popular. I probably have 5 or 6 .22 pistols, but my favorites are my Ruger MKIIs.

thecollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    NWI
    best .22?

I see someone recommended the sig. I know a lot of people had problems with them jamming, make sure you use the light spring in place of the regular one for most ammo. I am a total sig fan, but the sig .22 had some problems that way. As for the best, can you really go wrong with a S&W model 17 with a 6" barrel to have fun with?

schoolmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    I have two .22 handguns that I prefer. One is a Ruger Mark III, 5 in bull barrel, stainless/synthetic. The other is a 10 shot S&W with a 6 in barrel, stainless with custom wood target grips. Both shoot very accurately and function flawlessly. Go to your local gun shop and handle the various models and if possible shoot some of them. Then pick the one that you like the best.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I have 3 22's that I shoot, a Ruger Mk II 5" heavy barrel (this one is more like my grandaughter shoots), a S&W 317 and a S&W 617. They are all a pleasure to shoot, but I honestly like the 317 best, it is so lightweight that you barely know you are carrying it and it is very accurate. I also have a Benneli M95E, awesome gun, but I never shoot it.

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    22 pistol

I now use a browning buckmark. And wouldn't want to upgrade it for anything else. I chose a model called the " practical" . For the money I think it's impossible to beat at this time.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have two (2) .22lr Ruger revolvers....an 4" SP101 in .22lr and a Single-Six with a 6.5" barrel. The Single-Six is by far the most accurate, but I can still match up with a 10/22 in the 25 yard range with the SP101! I had a Ruger Hunter .22lr semi-auto, which wasn't too bad...but the Ruger Revolvers are the most accurate (and fun to shoot) .22lr handguns that I've ever shot!

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    My vote would be any name brand revolver. they don't care what ammo you feed them,short, long, long rifle, or buckshot.
    I went to the range yesterday with two revolvers and a beretta 21a and a walther p22 and three types of ammo. The semi auto's would not feed any of them with any degree of reliability.
    The revolvers on the other hand were flawless, one a Taurus 94 and a 70 year old H&R top break that I usually shoot buckshot out of (my big game chipmunk gun).

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I say get a gun that is built around the round being fired...go with a ruger mark 2 or 3....many guns are designed to emulate firing a larger round...if u are looking for a reliable gun in 22....this is it....if u want a gun that simulates pracitce on a larger pisstol ...get a sig mosquito

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Phoenix arms HP22 with 3in and 5in barrel. Mine has been flawless over thousands of rounds. I paid $150 for it about three years ago. One of the best handgun purchases I have ever made, I highly recommend it for a first time shooter.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom