• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sameface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Lawrenceburg
    I have had several Brownings and liked them. I have an original Whitney Wolverine now and its like no other! See if you can shoot as many different ones as possible to see what fits you best. Maybe there is a used pistol out there with your name on it.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My suggestion...see if you can find an out-of-production Ruger SP101 in .22lr...the 4" version...they're incredibly accurate, fun to shoot...and will never let you down.

Second suggestion...a SA Ruger Single-Six (current production) with a .22lr and .22mag cylinders so it shoots both calibers. Comes in stainless or blued and has varying barrel lengths.

I have both...both are accurate...and both are FANTASTIC!!! My wife loves the SP101...and I love the Single-Six!

Good luck!

boblade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    The Best shoot"in 22 I ever shot and still shoot is the High Standard H-D Military,or any of the Older High Standard's,but I think you should decide first what you want auto or Revolver

Muntz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    I purchased a Ruger Mark III with the fluted barrel about 6 months ago. I love the gun, especially the sights. I will have to say that the first time I dissasembled it I really questioned my purchase. After the third time you know the tricks and it s not too bad. Fun and cheap to shoot.

agentdw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Best 22

It depends if you want a plinker or a carry handgun. I have a Ruger mark III with a bull barrel. Very accurate, and no problems. Also have a Buakmark, never had a problem from it. If you want a good carry 22, I would consider the Walther P22. Very nice little gun. Good Luck on your search...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Bersa and Firestorm 22s are really nice. I picked one up in January and it's becoming one of our most used handguns. It gets shot at least 5 times as much as our P22. The thing I like about the Firestorm 22 is that it's a carbon copy of our Bersa Thunder 380s. It also seems to be more accurate. My wife used to scatter rounds all over the target at 7 yards with the P22 but shoots pretty well with the Firestorm. When she goes back to the P22, she scatters them around again. The P22 is a nice gun too, but the Firestorm 22 is the one everyone in the family seems to wait on at the range.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The Bersa and Firestorm 22s are really nice. I picked one up in January and it's becoming one of our most used handguns. It gets shot at least 5 times as much as our P22. The thing I like about the Firestorm 22 is that it's a carbon copy of our Bersa Thunder 380s. It also seems to be more accurate. My wife used to scatter rounds all over the target at 7 yards with the P22 but shoots pretty well with the Firestorm. When she goes back to the P22, she scatters them around again. The P22 is a nice gun too, but the Firestorm 22 is the one everyone in the family seems to wait on at the range.

There is a very good point to be made in this post. It makes a lot of sense to purchase a .22 that simulates a gun that you already own or want to practice with. For example I purchased a P22 because the controls are identical to my wife's PK380. I purchased a 4" barreled Browning Buckmark because the sight radius and grip angle are similar to my Hi Power. With ammunition prices on the raise I have noticed a lot of .22 clones hitting the market.

hf3787

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    I would suggest the Ruger MKII. It is a great for plinking or it can be converted for target shooting.

Top Bottom