• ...and so much more!
  • forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Glad it's over.

I could probably root for them if they played in any other city and had a different owner. Such a shame cuz I like Luck and Grigson. Otherwise, every additional penny I subsidize a billionaire for a stadium and allow that idiot to keep all the revenue, they can go 0-16 for all I care.

Go back to your prescription meds Jimmy.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    It is possible that it was taking the receivers that many yards to break free. The Pats love to stick the receivers at the line. I will agree that the offensive coordinator should not feel too terribly secure in his current employment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is possible that it was taking the receivers that many yards to break free. The Pats love to stick the receivers at the line. I will agree that the offensive coordinator should not feel too terribly secure in his current employment.

Ya think......:dunno:

Defense....They were gonna run...a lot.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Offensive play calling really was weak tonight. Got away from the run, nothing to break up the pass rush, and same plays over the middle and long crossing routes. It doesn't take a lot of homework for a defensive coordinator to make a game plan against the Colts offense.
    QB coach might want to upgrade his resume as well. I put his in the same category as Caldwell.
    There's hope and a lot of room to improve. I predicted 7-9 this season and I got to watch some good football games. I also watched some sorry football from this team. Pagano is a defensive guru? I'm glad of that. Think how bad it could have been.
    Anyway, Thanks Colts for another season of football. We're just spoiled here in Indy and expect better team play.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Colts played like a team with a second year QB and a bunch of young players. Ready for next season. Every year they do better (their record this year wasn't better, but the wins over good opponents was). Something else is Brady and Manning have 3-5 years left at most before they retire. The fans of these two teams will soon experience disappointment when they have to go through growing pains of a new QB like the Colts are.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Hey Colts fans...We had a good year. We won some good games against quality opponents, played some good football, and had a lot of good things to happen. Many of which were unexpected. Overall I think we had a great year.
    We're never going to be satisfied with less than a perfect season, Super Bowl WIN, and every play being perfect. It's just the game we love and watch.
    I didn't think we were going to be this good. I didn't think we'd get this far. I'm happy about it. I'm disappointed we didn't win it all. I think we all feel this way. (given a couple of haters)
    We do have HOPE for next year. Maybe Luck won't play like a rookie, maybe major injuries won't have us wondering WHAT IF. It's football and it's COLTS FOOTBALL. IT does have a stench at times that's all too familiar. Not many teams in the NFL don't have that lingering smell. "What's That Smell? Same old Colts." We could be Cubbies fans so there's still HOPE!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was thinking about Pagano's defensive genius the whole game. They ran through us like it was a walk in the park. Sad. Really sad when you know before you get off the plane they are going to run right at you.

We do need some work.
    Great games against top teams. Good season all around.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Hey Colts fans...We had a good year. We won some good games against quality opponents, played some good football, and had a lot of good things to happen. Many of which were unexpected. Overall I think we had a great year.
    We're never going to be satisfied with less than a perfect season, Super Bowl WIN, and every play being perfect. It's just the game we love and watch.
    I didn't think we were going to be this good. I didn't think we'd get this far. I'm happy about it. I'm disappointed we didn't win it all. I think we all feel this way. (given a couple of haters)
    We do have HOPE for next year. Maybe Luck won't play like a rookie, maybe major injuries won't have us wondering WHAT IF. It's football and it's COLTS FOOTBALL. IT does have a stench at times that's all too familiar. Not many teams in the NFL don't have that lingering smell. "What's That Smell? Same old Colts." We could be Cubbies fans so there's still HOPE!
    Well said, and I think the stench is there for all hard-core fans of any team no matter how good. And thank goodness I ain't a Cubs fan!

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I thought the Colts played well, for about 20 out of 60 minutes. I am still completely underwhelmed by Pep Hamilton and would be very happy to see him go. I see virtually no imagination in his approach to the offense. He runs the same 7 to 8 plays and has no answer whatsoever when they fail to work. He had to know going in that Bellichick would be targeting his weaknesses like nobody else and he had absolutely no plan for it. On the run he runs up the same 2 lanes almost everytime and telegraphs what he is going to do. Pats load 7 or 8 in the box and we STILL run off tackle. Yeah, THAT'S gonna work! Passing game wasn't bad. Could have been better, but if they could have actually run the ball it would have been more effective. I just don't figure how the talking heads can talk him up the way they do. I sure don't see it and I'm not that well versed in the stuff. Andrew did look MUCH better on the long pass accuracy for the last 2 games than the rest of the season leading up to Post Season though. Was very glad to see that. And the Colts should have kept Donny Avery instead of going for DHB.

The defensive play calling wasn't any better. Safety's playing in too close on the run and giving up a couple of HUUGE long yardage runs, giving up the short screens on crossing plays (have been watching this all season). The defense hasn't been as weak as the offense, but I not real impressed with Manusky either. For all of the talk about Pagano being this defensive wunderkind I'm not seeing it. He should either get a DC that can live up to Pags rep or take over defense himself. And start conducting tackling clinics.

And this injuries this year were once again over the top. You can't do much about broken bones and concussions, but soft tissue injuries are largely conditioning issues. You can't get away from them completely like anything else, but when they happen with the frequency that they have there are issues. The training staff needs an overhaul big time. Not just us, but other teams as well.

Oh well, They have done better this year than last and last year was far better than expected. But I believe that they could have been better. Now I just hope they can fix the O and D lines this off-season and see additional improvement next year as well. Go Colts.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Looks like it's going to be another Manning v. Brady AFC Championship game. The Denver/San Diego game Looks like last nights game. The Bolts are looking about as good as the Colts did last night and the Broncs look alot like the Pats did. Could be an interesting Champ game.

Top Bottom