What's on your "Get it while you can" list"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Unfortunately with all the talk about gun control laws I think that the writing is on the wall that something will be coming our way sooner or later. After the last ban expired I promised myself that I'd keep a current list of items to buy just in case they tried to ban guns and accessories again.

What's on your list of items to go out and buy if they start getting serious about more gun control measures?

AR's?
    AK's?
    Garand's?
    Glocks?
    XD's?
    Beretta's?
    100rd drums?
    30rd magazines?
    37mm Flare launchers?

For me personally, I've thought about going out and buying a regular AK, a Draco, and a RPK with enough 30rd mags to not have to worry about running out. I don't have any real reason for buying these guns other than I'm a law abiding free man and if I want to have one I should be able to.

I'm just curious about what other people have going on in the back of their mind about buying while they still can.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Reloading Components / Ammo. I'm very envious of the people who say things like "I've only got 20,000 primers stocked up or 10k bullets set aside. I would have liked to be one of the people who just started making when the prices rose.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    More standard capacity G17 mags and 30rd p-mags. Also a few more 33rd Glock mags. It's ver hard to tell what shape a new law would take, so those are just things that would be priorities either way.

FordMan79

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Southeast Indiana
    I really have doubts that any thing will get through Congress soon. They already have killed the border state gun control Obama wanted. As long as Republicans control the house there is nothing to worry about.

I just hope people don't get paranoid and drive up prices on everything....

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have what I need, but I will still "impulse buy" if I run across a good deal. That being said, this talk of gun bans, new regulations, whatever, I think is stupid, and just causes people to panic, and drive prices up for everybody else. Don Davis tactics....only in America.:noway:

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    i dont think anythings going to happen except a bunch of chest thumping, but if things do change i want more g22 mags.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I picked up another glock because well why not, but at this point about the only think left on my list are a PS90 and a 5.56 can, and thats out of my price range for a while yet.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I have what I need, but I will still "impulse buy" if I run across a good deal. That being said, this talk of gun bans, new regulations, whatever, I think is stupid, and just causes people to panic, and drive prices up for everybody else. Don Davis tactics....only in America.:noway:

^this

Nothing is getting banned anytime soon.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    A mag change or gun swap only takes a second. I feel confident that I could adequately hunt/defend myself with 10 round mags.
    I do have hi-cap mags around of course, but even when I go to the range I rarely load mags past 10 rounds in anything.
    Sure it always helps to have them, but I am not playing the games.
    I specifically put all these things on my do-not-buy list until people quit acting silly. Then once everyone buys them up and nothing happens, I'll stroll through and buy them cheap from people who decide they didn't need them.;)

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Saiga shotguns. They really aren't any different than Streetsweepers/Strykers. How long before these find their way on the NFA list?:dunno::twocents:

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I'm not at all worried about any legislation.

As far as things people'd like to ban..I'd like to get a S&W M&P 15T. I know where I can get one for $1100..just can't justify spending that right now.

And yeah, training. That's the only expense, aside from ammo, I'm investing in my weapons right now. I'm going to be taking some defensive tactics and FOF courses in the Spring.

Top Bottom